|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
I will be doing the 30 day primal challenge. Here are my goals (I like how Jackie had hers set up!)
1. 8 cups water daily
2. Take my vitamins!
3. Follow training plan HIT program which uses TRX and Kettlebell for Lifting heavy things 2 days a week (perhaps 3) and incorporating walk/runs as my long slow cardio and sprints 2 days a week
4. Protein - make sure I am getting my 100 grams average
5. Keep carbs to 50 average max 100
6. No sugar, grains of any kind carbs from veggies and some berries
7. 8 hours sleep
8. Sunshine when I can! Preferably when I am plying with my animals!
Things I need to do today:
1. Breathe in
2. Breathe out
The Whole30 plan has been updated slightly for 2012 here: whole9life.com/2012/01/whole-30-v201
I'm on for the 30 day challenge, I've been doing the slow carb diet from 4 Hour Body, then into Paleo but this looks like a good challenge to start off 2012!
Edited by: BOBRANDKLEV at: 1/2/2012 (11:23)
Stuck? Need a vacation? Make a living...living gettinganswers.com/spark/
I just made a new topic for all of us to post on how we are doing on our plans. Accountability!
I am not 100% familiar with the Whole 9 or the Leptin Reset...although I have glimpsed at each of them! While I follow Robb Wolf's podcasts and have read his book, I'm am much better at following a simple plan focusing around being grain, dairy, legume, nut, sugar and chocolate free!
What I need is someplace to be accountable...while I don't count calories or weigh and measure, I do track my intake in relation to my exercise output...lower carb on non workout days and an added greens/protein drink on heavy workout days! I was doing well at the beginning of September ( went from 166 to 150 in 7 weeks) but fell off when I got sick in October and have been struggling to get a few good days together since Thanksgiving! I had been pretty much gluten free for about 18 months when I ate some gluten containing stuff at our family dinner...that set the stage for me going way overboard for the last month! While I had only put on 2-3 pounds at yesterday's weigh in, last night I went a little nuts...today I'm paying the price for it! I don't even want to step on the scale until I can get rid of some of this bloat! I'm also running on almost no sleep so that doesn't help at all!
Here are the goals I'm going to be working on for the next 30 days:
1. 8 cups water daily
2. Take supplements morning and evening
3. Follow training plan which includes Crossfit 2 times a week, running 3-4 times a week, and 1-2 active recovery days
4. Protein at every meal and snack---3 meals and one pre/post recovery snack
5. No grains, legumes, nut and limited dairy to pre/post recovery snack 1-2 times per week
6. No sugar, chocolate or processed foods
7. Limit fruit to 1-2 servings per day
8. 5-8 servings of vegetables per day
9. 7-8 hours sleep
I hope it's okay to post my intake and progress here even though it's not following the same plan as you are!
Jackie Chatman, MA, NC
Eating for Wellness Nutrition and Fitnness
Certified Holistic Nutritionist
My sister is doing this. This past week has been crazy to the point where I havent been able to sit down and read the info on the web site like I want to, but from what she has said it sounds like a good thing
No I didn't! I will have to check it out! Thanks! I just replied to your intro pointing you here! LOL
Hi Cindy, it was actually the Whole9 website that prompted me to join SparkPeople hoping to find some additional accountability for a 30 day paleo challenge! Did you see her Strong Lola 30 day challenge on facebook?
I am combining these 2 plans. I am NOT militant and am making my own concessions. I WILL be continuing my exercise and cannot follow the part about circadian rhythms by Dr. K. I did blog about this as well for those interested.