I took the dogs for a walk this morning and walked about 16 blocks all total. I'm going to do at least a half mile on the elliptical later. And I carried 4 buckets of water out to my container garden so I count that as strength training as buckets of water are heavy hahaha.
Yesterday I did 2 miles on the gazelle and then did 20 sit ups.
I would love to come and help you clean...I love to clean! (Strange, aren`t I?) I did put it in as heavy cleaning, but wish there was a light cleaning selection, too, for when I just do the routine things. I still have energy left but it`s late and I am going to go to bed!!
That which does not kill us will make us stronger!
Lots of cleaning today to get ready for our company on Sunday. The house isn`t messy or dirty because it`s just the 2 of us, but I tend to go the extra mile to make things sparkling and welcoming to guests. I cleaned the bathroom, mopped all the floors, tile and hardwood through out the house, cleaned the spare room, cleaned the catbox, hung out laundry, emptied the dishwasher. Tomorrow I should dust because we had the windows open today and live on a main road with lots of traffic and it gets dusty! I need to finish off the kitchen and do some ironing also. I even managed to get in a mile walk today, it took 20 minutes because I was enjoying the wonderful spring weather. Lots of dandilions in everyone`s yard, even if they had mowed recently, those pretty yellow "flowers" pop right back up!
That which does not kill us will make us stronger!
Today is a # 2 day for me went on a walk with kids for 40 or so minutes. I heard cars lots of birds and saw the river that runs through our town went over the new bridge here in town:) and went down 100 steps and back up to go to the Dam in our town, nice walk. And really go my heart rate up doing this
Good morning everyone. You asked about our routine.. here's mine on my toning days
Biceps Curls with Band Wall Pushups Wall Pushups Alternating Dumbbell Biceps Curls Dumbbell Hammer Curls Dumbbell Lateral Raises Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press Seated Dumbbell Triceps Extensions Stretch After Strength Training Chest Press with Band 15 DVD walk 15 min Gazelle 15 min Recumbent Bike
All of the toning exercises are part of the exercises here on SP. The DVD I use for walking is a Leslie Sansone DVD. I use either the 15 min walk or the 30 min walk. 1/2 miles. My recumbent bike is awesome because I can add resistance here where I can't on my Gazelle. I found the days I used my Gazelle for more than 30 min I had a harder time with my knees then if I did a combination of exercises. So the combo is what I do now. This routine is currently every other day. On my cardio days I just do the walking DVD, Gazelle and Recumbent bike or walk outside.
"The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good" ~ Ann Landers
Hahaha, I set the elliptical aside today and used the gazelle. I managed 3 miles in 35 minutes. Thought that was pretty good since I haven't used the gazelle since I got the elliptical, been trying to get used to the ellipticals motions and resistance.
And I can tell ya already how I feel after using the elliptical.......tired, sore, and hungry......it works my legs and back so much more than the gazelle that I feel like a starvin marvin after working out on it.....so I make sure to have some protein and a good carb within 20 minutes of working out.
1. Gazelleing if you already do 10 let's see you make it to 15. If your already to 15 let's see if you can add 5 to 10 to this? Now if you already a expert, and already do 60 what else do you got 70 ?So with this......
2. For all you walkers & joggers out there I want to know how how many minutes or miles you did? How far did you go? See if you can push you self. And what did you see and hear on your walk /jog? I'd like to know?
3. If your some one who uses the ELLIPTICAL, how about a challenge for you? If you aleady use it for 15 to 20 try to go for 30 add 5 to 10 to this. Some thing NEW HERE let me/us know how you felt after you worked out? Are you glad you did it?
4. Don't for get ST toning WE ALL need it put it out front and let us know what you did SP says to do it 3 times a week, so let us know what you did for the day
Oh yes there's more......who reaching for a new goal? See if you can reach it with this challenge.
5. If are one that uses DVD's or some other form of exercise let us know who do you work out to?
6. Goodies OH you bet there will be team goodies. A....a goodie will be give out for some one who goes the EXTRA MILE. if you already do 10 go the 20, ect let me know. B is for losing of inches you know losing 10 pounds = in pants size , now even if you don't lose 10 lbs, let's try for 5lbs. C.....a real victory if you gained weight because of new muscle then ! You now muscle weighs more then FAT and if your gaining Muscle then the losing weight is RIGHT around the corner!
So who's up for it? Hope to see you here and let's burn those calories & inches AWAY!!!!
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.