I just came across this recipe (It's not a cookie, but it is close) Unfortunately it isn't sugar-free due to the chocolate used in the recipe, but I thought I could try to use 100% cacao and perhaps use dates for the sweetner.
Chocolate Ganache Cherry Walnut Truffles
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Makes around 3 dozen Truffles
12 ounces 70% organic dark chocolate (I used Theo Chocolate dark chocolate orange bars)
¾ cup organic full fat coconut milk*
⅛ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup finely chopped dried cherries
1 cup finely chopped raw walnuts
1. Chop the chocolate bars into small pieces with a knife. Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set aside while you prepare the coconut milk.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, sea salt, and cinnamon and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
3. Once the coconut milk is hot, remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Let this mixture sit for a minute or so to allow the chocolate to start melting. Stir the chocolate with a large spoon until all the coconut milk is mixed in and the ganache looks smooth and creamy.
4. Stir in the chopped dried cherries, cover bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool and set. This should take around two hours or more.
5. Once truffle base is done chilling, remove from refrigerator and using a spoon or melon baller, scoop a large tablespoon of chocolate ganache and roll into a ball.
6. Place truffle ball in chopped walnuts and roll around until the truffle is completely coated in walnuts. Repeat this process until all the truffles are done.
7. Enjoy immediately or place truffles in the refrigerator covered for up to 2 weeks. If you refrigerate the truffles, remove and serve at room temperature when you want to eat them.
*It’s important to use full fat coconut milk in this recipe to get the right texture for truffles. Light coconut milk will not work in this recipe. You can also try coconut cream for a more decadent version. aharmonyhealing.com/chocolate-ganache-cher
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" -Plato
"I never look back, detracts from the now." Edna Mole - "The Incredibles"
October: "Being overweight is hard, losing weight is hard, maintaining a healthy weight is hard. Choose your hard."
Vince Lombardi: "We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible."
Stephen Dolley "A man who wants something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse"
|746 Days since: added sugar