5 Easy Ways to Spread the SPARK (& Why You Should)
Thursday, January 17, 2013
We hope that all of you are off to a great start toward reaching your goals this January! Hopefully SparkPeople's trackers, resources, community features and coaching tools have helped you make some progress during these first few weeks of 2013.
As you know, SparkPeople is a FREE website because our mission is to SPARK millions of PEOPLE to reach their goals. We try to keep our costs as low as possible so that we can remain a free service for you and everyone else. We don't spend much on marketing to recruit new members. Instead, most people learn about or join our site because members like you tell them about it! (And we thank you for that!) That's why we ask for your support in "Spreading the Spark" to others. It's a great way to help others improve their lives and it helps keep SparkPeople free so we can help even more people.
January is the time when many people are making health-related goals, so it's also the best time to tell people you know about SparkPeople.
If you have a few minutes to spare in the next few days, here are some very easy ways that you can help Spread the Spark to others.
1. Share the SparkPeople Badge on Facebook, Pinterest and/or Twitter. Just click the link above to easily tell your social media friends that you're reaching your goals with SparkPeople!
2. Follow SparkPeople on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and/or Tumblr. Every time you interact with us (like, reply, comment, retweet or repin something we post) is another chance your friends will find out about SparkPeople!
SparkPeople on Facebook
SparkPeople on Twitter
SparkPeople on Pinterest
SparkPeople on Tumblr
3. Earn 10 SparkPoints for each friend you refer to join SparkPeople.Visit our Tell A Friend page to get a custom URL you can share with anyone. If they join the site from your URL, you get 10 SparkPoints per person!
4. Buy our new DVD at Target. The newly released 'Total Body Sculpting with Coach Nicole' is our highest-rated DVD to date: Nothing but 5 stars on amazon, plus endorsements from top fitness magazines calling it "one of the year's best." We are so excited that Target chose to stock our DVD on their shelves from among hundreds of available DVDs this year! This lets all kinds of new people discover SparkPeople by discovering it at Target! But they'll only keep it in the stores if it sells well, so if you're thinking about buying it, don't hesitate to run to your nearest Target store to purchase it. (Look for it in the sporting goods section, not with the movies.) As a bonus, you'll get 250 SparkPoints for your purchase—but only when you get it at a Target store.
5. Just tell someone! Simply tell someone—anyone—about your goals this year and how you're using SparkPeople to reach them. Call a friend. Send an email. Tell your co-worker. Just spread the word. When you tell people about your goals and how you're doing, research shows that you're more likely to reach them. And when you have people join you, your odds of success are even greater. To make it easy, we have email templates, printable flyers and even printable "business" cards that you can share! Find 'em right here.
Please consider doing what you can to help Spread the Spark today. The more people we can reach, the healthier we can make this world.
Here's to a healthy 2013 for all! SparkCheers!www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal.
“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”
When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of "rehearsal" for maintenance isn't the worst thing in the world
| April Minutes: 1,920