|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Janis, thanks for the reminder to be grateful. A thread already exists to list three items for gratitude...and it also asks us to list three goals for the day. Just to avoid confusion , I would ask that you move over to that thread. For me , the goals are a very helpful addition because they help me to identify three OBTAINABLE things I can do each day...and that helps me to be grateful. SO I would invite you all to the 3+3 thread here....it is under the Healthy Living Thread
Edited by: DEDICATED2HIM at: 4/1/2014 (04:37)
1. my orthotics
2. faith-sharing group tonight
3. Lent: giving me the courage to free myself from dependence on sweet treats.
1. My family
2. my animals
3. my church
1. nice new neighbors
2. the past 3 months: no infectious illnesses
3. upcoming trip to Florida with my mother, brother and sister.
1. A home with heat.
2. my hubby
3. my son.
Went to see the movie "Gravity this afternoon, so...
1. This beautiful planet Earth
2. Oxygen (not necessarily in that order!)
3. The Oscars.
1. The pizza my teen son made from scratch (dough, sauce and all) for dinner... with reduced fat mozzarella, mushrooms and ground turkey.
2. The success of a collaborative project painting a banner for a fundraiser. It came out well.
3. Really good movies this year. (Oscars tomorrow.)
Today I am grateful for:
1. Being back home after working at a conference most of the week.
2. Sleeping in my own bed last night.
3. Getting to pick up my fur babies this morning, I missed them.
Live Long and Prosper...
Today I'm grateful for:
1. RA meds. that alleviate some of my pain.
2. A warm house with ice and snow all around and -15 degrees temp.
3. Warm, loving friends here on SP!
I'm starting my ticker over with going low carb.
"Little by little whittling my middle!"
Today I'm grateful for:
1. my two cats' purrs
2. trash pick-up
3. medications for my RA
I think grateful thoughts often throughout the day, and I know it is a great way to find more happiness and peace. I was advised that writing them down is even better, so I thought it might be nice to have a topic here where we can list 3 things, big or small, that we are grateful for on a given day.
I was also inspired by this SparkPeople article about 51 Habits of Happy People: www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellnes
#18 talks about amazing results from doing this for people with severe depression. My chronic RA pain lead to a diagnosis of depression (even though I felt happy) and I've read of a high correlation of RA with depression.
So, what 3 things are you grateful for today?
|Anyone have pain when they take blood pressure?||10/8/2013 8:55:27 AM|
|Has anyone had a shoulder replacement?||7/16/2013 6:38:35 PM|
|Anyone else working on understanding ACA insurance||10/6/2013 8:26:40 PM|
|Younger RAD sufferers||10/19/2013 8:04:36 AM|
|Check out the "Blue November" thread||11/1/2013 4:36:41 PM|