What do you think of Rachel's list? Agree/Disagree?
The Ten Things We Want To See in BONES Ė Season 7 By RACHEL REITSLEFF
Season 6 of BONES ended on an amazing note, so itís not surprising that the anticipation for BONES - Season 7 is incredibly high.
1. Real-life pregnant Emily Deschanel playing fictional pregnant Temperance Brennan. We can safely expect this one. Kudos to show runner Hart Hanson, the production company and Deschanel for incorporating the pregnancy into the storyline rather than stashing Brennan behind autopsy tables or sending the character away for the duration.
2. Some actual romance between Brennan and Booth (David Boreanaz). Weíve had six seasons of will the/wonít they/can they/canít they. Obviously, they would, could and did, so letís just see them enjoying each otherís company while solving crimes. They donít need to behave out of character and drool all over each other, but they can stop agonizing or protesting about their relationship now. Honest, having them be entirely comfortable with each other wonít hurt the show.
3. Psychotherapist Lance Sweets (John Francis Daley) being hauled up on ethics charges. In real life, any psychiatrist/psychologist who socialized with his patients, let alone manipulated them experimentally (as Sweets did by failing to tell Brennan that Booth was alive at a crucial juncture) or wrote a book about his theories of their relationship, using their real names while they were still patients, would lose his license.
4. Angelaís (Michaela Conlin) dad, the rock star played by ZZ Topís Billy Gibbons, giving a musical performance. Gibbons has been recurring on BONES for years now, he really is a rock star, might as well take advantage of the fact.
5. The return of Eric Millegan as Zack Addy. Poor Zack got written off the show and is currently residing in a mental hospital as the result of a crime he didnít commit after a season-long crazed killer arc got rushed to a conclusion. The notion that Zack killed someone out of some faux-Nietzsche philosophy made no sense, and the later explanation that he didnít really kill anyone but had sort of followed a lunatic leader made even less. Zack doesnít have to come back full-time, but we like the guy, let him have a better resolution than this.
6. An answer as to whether the janitor played by Enrico Colantoni was real or a figment of Brennanís troubled imagination. Nod once for figment, bring Colantoni back for another guest shot if real.
7. Let conspiracy theorist Jack Hodgins (T.J. Thyne) finally uncover a real conspiracy that affects the Jeffersonian. Heís been primed for this since the show started Ė give him something big that affects the whole Jeffersonian to be absolutely right about.
8. Have lab boss Cam (Tamara Taylor) get out in the field in the thick of an investigation. Sheís been supplying stalwart support all this time, letís see her in the crime-solving limelight for once.
9. Allowing for the fact that such a thing might not make it past Broadcast Standards, it would be interesting to see a case that would actually gross out Bones and Hodgins. We have no clue what that would be, but it would be fascinating to find out.
10. No more crossovers with THE FINDER. Yes, that episode was a backdoor pilot for a new series by BONES exec producer/show runner Hart Hanson, but having our guys bring in strangers to do something they normally do themselves was bad enough. Hearing the back story between Booth and the Finder was even worse Ė if Booth stopped speaking to the guy over that being-pulled-away-from-his-infant-son incident back then, heís had plenty of time to figure out all the angles by now. If forgiveness hasnít been forthcoming so far, it seems unlikely now (or at least, it wasnít sold to us properly). If BONES really wants to do a crossover with another Fox show, let Gregory House make a mistake that kills a patient with a rare bone disease, so Brennan can figure out what happened by examining the skeleton. House among the Bones Ė think of the possibilities!
Edited by: JANEYINMADTOWN at: 8/5/2011 (15:13)
Life is too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right. Forget about the oneÔŅĹs who donÔŅĹt.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.