I can't afford those expensive store-bought fruit and veggie washes so I did some looking and found this homemade wash that is cheap to make and effective. Thought some of you might be interested in having this info
Want to use a fruit and vegetable wash, but scared off by the price? Here's how to make your own at a fraction of the price:
What You Need:
A spray bottle
What You Do:
For Hard-skinned Fruits and Vegetables:
1. Fill a spray bottle with equal parts white vinegar and water.
2. Then, spray the solution onto your fruits and vegetables; rub it in; and rinse.
For Soft-skinned Fruits and Vegetables:
1. Fill a bowl with equal parts white vinegar and water.
2. Then, soak your fruits and vegetables in the solution for a minute or two, and rinse.
Why This Works
The acetic acid in vinegar kills bacteria and helps to dissolve the wax and pesticide residues found on the skins of many fruits and vegetables.
Benefits of Making Your Own Fruit and Vegetable Wash
cheaper than store-bought washes
cleans more effectively than water alone
Tips and Warnings
1) Use a scrub brush to work the solution into the skin
2) Store your fruit and vegetable wash out of the reach of children
3) Always label the contents of your spray bottles
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He wlll make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
| March SparkPoints: 0