Hi, there! I was gone for a week on vacation, and the following week on a business trip. It was harder on the business trip--I think. :)
1) Try to eat smaller meals and snack often. I brought my GoLean cereal with me and nuts in a large baggie (remember to portion out the nuts or snacks or bring another smaller baggie).
2) If you don't know your portions, you can do a "guessestimate", or better yet use smaller spoons to dish out your food. If it's buffet style, you can always go back later if you're still hungry.
3) I brought either 2 or 3 workout dvds (Turbo Jam) to workout in the morning. Not that I used all of them. I just wanted a variety. The hotels didn't have dvd players, but I had my laptop. (Yup, I'm a geek.) Someone also mentioned that they took the audio from their dvd and converted it to use on their iPod. Really cool if you know how to do this! :)
Create a workout playlist on your iPod and walk/exercise to that.
4) Walk everywhere! I had walked 20,000 steps on average (you can use a pedometer--cheap to measure) a day. If you're not on a resort, use public transportation, but always be aware of your surroundings. Keep to safe places and watch for people around you.
5) Don't try to finish everything on your plate, even though people will give you are hard time about it. I allowed myself a little dessert; I cut it in half or gave the other piece to one of my friends or family members.
You are on vacation, right?
Hope that helps! It helped me these past two weeks. I think I only gained a pound while I was on vacation with my family, but when I was on my business trips, I had lost some weight. Go fig!
| current weight: 120.0