I also know that we have poor electrical system here in our home, which has caused many bulbs, not LED, to blow before their time. Yes, we have tried to get it corrected many times but there always seems to be another problem YOur place might also have this problem.
the LEDs themselves don't go bad, they run on a very low voltage and must have something to convert the 120V home power (in the USA) to a much lower voltage. that could be as low as 5 volts. it is probably due to poor quality in the manufacturing of the converter device, and that may be on purpose because if they were well made the system would out last the owner.
current weight: 180.8
Fitness Minutes: (71,422) Posts: 340 12/4/12 1:08 A
We haven't set up our tree yet this year, but they worked quite well the second season. We have a bulb made of LED lights, and the LEDs have gone out. We were told that the LEDs should still be good but the base is probably bad. Is that the problem with yours, also?
Pounds lost: 16.0
Fitness Minutes: (71,422) Posts: 340 12/3/12 10:34 P
Is anybody else frustrated with LED lights? We bought them even thought they cost more because they supp osedly use less energy and last longer. We are finding that they malfunction after 1 or 2 seasons. So we are making more garbage which is definitely not better for the environment. Meanwhile, I still have at least one set of the regular lights that is 25 years old.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.