Hi, I'm new here & hope that ya'll can help me. I clip coupons from the newspaper insert each week, I check coupons online on a few different sites...I plan my meals ahead of time, based on what's on sale at the grocery store (weekly flyer), etc. However, from all of the coupons that I find each week, I can usually only use 2 or 3 of them...because...
1. I cannot afford to purchase more than 1 of an item at a time (so the buy 3, get $1.00 off coupons won't work for me, because I cannot afford the outlay of $ for more than 1)
2. I rarely see coupons for non-processed, healthy foods. When I do, they seem to be for items that are very expensive to begin with (like SmartBalance milk, which before using a coupon costs $3.65 for a half-gallon in my area)
3. I currently have a food budget of only $50.00-$55.00 per week, including toilet paper, paper towels, and dishpower/liquid soap. (I'm not employed right now, so that's the big problem)
4. I have a small family of 2, I am trying to lose weight, my husband needs to maintain or even gain some weight. We are trying to eat healthy, non-processed food.
5. I cannot afford to "stock up" on items when they're on sale, because of my small food budget.
6. No offense to anyone, but please don't suggest that I shop at Walmart or Sam's Club.
I hope that ya'll can help me with some really good ideas! (I'm tired of eating beans & rice!) Thanks!!!
| current weight: 174.0