|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Chicken with Grapes
Ingredients (use clean items! but this is copied from Better Homes and Gardens today - gives you an idea)
Nonstick spray coating
4 small (12 ounces total) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon dried mint, crushed (optional)
1 cup seedless green or red grapes, halves
Grapes in apple-flavored sauce are spooned over boneless chicken breasts for an easy flavorful meal.
calories: 187, total fat: 3g, cholesterol: 72mg, sodium: 158mg, carbohydrate: 11g, protein: 27g.
1. Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile combine apple juice, bouillon granules, cornstarch, and, if desired, mint. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in grapes and heat through. Serve over chicken. Makes 4 servings.
Marathon Maniac #4140 / Half Fanatic #368
19 Half Marathons, 11 Marathons (2 were ultras)
4 triathons, 1 relay (200 miles)
ALL with great friends, many whom I met on Spark!
If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane!
I found this simple and easy recipe in a taste of home magazine: Simply cut your chicken breast open and stuff with pepper jack cheese. It's delicious!
The goal is to be healthy, strong and happy. God gave us one body, so we have to take care of it (DA)
Thanks for the lesson on marinades. I will try a few.
For marinades, mix any oil (olive oil ideally) with any acid (tomatoes, any citrus fruit: lemon, lime, orange, pineapple juice, cider vinegar) in equal proportions. Optionally add a crushed garlic clove and any additional spices you like. Marinades work well even if you marinate for as short as ten seconds.
Wow...I didn't realize there were so many options. I eat a lot of chicken breasts so this will help to add some variety. Thanks so much.
I have not made the switch from chicken thighs to chicken breats because it was boring. Thanks for posting. Will buy breats rather than thighs on my next shopping trip.
The universe is calling. Are you listening?
"As each new day dawns, I make a healthy new start."
Oh my goodness, THANK YOU SO MUCH for these easy recipes. I got tired of cooking my chicken breasts the only clean ways I knew. I can not wait to try these out!
Can I just say "thanks" for all the recipes?! I am constantly searching for new and creative ways to do chicken and here you go and just put em' all one little post!
Just really want you to know that you Rock!!!
oh, and thanks, ELLIE381, for asking ;).
Want To Turn Your Spark Into A QuickFire? Turn It UP! Join Me! teams.sparkpeople.com/QuickfireChall
Thanks for all the chicken tips. This will really make life a little easlier or should I say tastier at my house.
I am always looking for great easy meal solutions. Thanks so much.
Thank you so much for this. I'll see if I can get my hands on this magazine.
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." There fore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Cor. vs. 9
These have been taken from Women's Health Magazine, June 2008 issue. For the most part I only picked out the variations I felt were the cleanest or could be easily adapted to be cleaner, but there are lots of delicious versions in the magazine.
BAKED: Preheat oven to 350F, cover with sauce, rub with spices or stuff it with any of the following, then bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes:
- Fiesta: 1/3 c salsa
- Italian: 2 Tbsp marinara sauce, 2 Tbsp water
- Texas: 2 Tbsp bbq sauce, 2 Tbsp water
- Honey Mustard: 2 Tbsp dijon (I use whole grain), 2 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp chicken broth, 1 Tbsp mustard, 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp pesto, 2 tbsp reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp reduced soy sauce (I use lite tamari), 1/4 c crushed pineapple with juice
-3 Tbsp chicken broth, 2 tbsp light coconut milk, 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/3 c chicken broth, 1 Tbsp maple syrup, 1 Tbsp apple juice
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp bbq sauce, 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce, 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp chili powder
Rubbed Spices (rub spices evenly over chicken breast then spray with cooking spray):
- 1/4 tsp ea: garlic, chili powder, black pepper & oregano, salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp ea: black pepper, chili powder, red pepper flakes, cumin and hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp ea: dried basil, rosemary and thyme, salt & pepper to taste
Crusted Crack an egg (or if you're like me and not eating yolks, just use the whites, dip the chicken into egg then roll the chicken into a plate of one of the following:
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts (cashews have been my favorite so far)
- 1/2 c crushed corn or bran flakes (I actually use crushed Smart Bran)
pound chicken breast with a meat tenderizer until thin. Then arrange any of the following ingredients on the breast, roll it up, and secure it with toothpicks or twine:
These all contain cheese, but I have successfully substituted fat free cottage cheese or yogurt cheese for all of them, it's up to you. In addition, not all are clean eating versions but can easily be adapted:
- 1 slice cheddar cheese, 2 slices ham, black pepper
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese, 3 slices pepperoni, 3 leaves basil, chopped
- 1 slice mozzarella, 1/4 c chopped tomatoes, 3 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- small handful baby spinach, chopped, 1 Tbsp blue cheese crumbles, 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese, 1 tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes, 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese, 1 Tbso diced olives, 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp pesto, 1 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese, 1/4 tsp black pepper
GRILLING Soak chicken in one of these marinades for at least an hour. heat a grill or nonstick skillet over med high heat. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes per side till done:
- 2 tbsp bourbon, 1 tsp mustard, black pepper
- 2 Tbsp bourbon, 1 tsp honey, 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt, 1/4 tsp dill
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt, 1 tsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp lime juice,1 tsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp cilantro
- 2 Tbsp lime juice, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp orange juice, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cilantro
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice, 1 clove garlic (crushed) 1/4 tsp black pepper
As mentioned, there are many other versions in the magazine, including some tasty ideas for stir fries!
|unsweetened fruit yogurt: is there such a thing?||5/1/2014 4:08:57 PM|
|Business Travel - Ugh||3/20/2014 5:52:18 AM|
|Newbie + Portion vs. Calorie + Tosca Reno||12/1/2013 10:56:01 AM|
|BOLO!!! Foods you thought where clean||2/8/2014 1:08:17 AM|
|Just Signed Up for the CSA!!||4/4/2014 9:56:24 PM|