Author: Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:
KR2165's Photo KR2165 SparkPoints: (19,656)
Fitness Minutes: (3,833)
Posts: 2,094
7/4/09 6:16 P

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
TY my dear friend!

Kelly...originally from Denver, CO, but now a Texas girl by choice!

Co-leader--Ladies Who Love Ink

"A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit"


 current weight: 178.8 
 
210
197.5
185
172.5
160
DEBBEV's Photo DEBBEV Posts: 4,976
7/3/09 12:58 A

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
I had never dreamed that SALT was a potentially toxic substances to our baby's! Thank you Mary!



☆-:¦:-
*´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.♥ .·☆´¨¨)).·*¨)
((¸¸.♥´ ..·´ ☆**☆.¸¸.♥´
Deb & Me Ling
Olive Branch, Ms.

Co Leader ~ Poodle Club

Treat stressful situations like a dog... If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away!
COLEISMYSOUL's Photo COLEISMYSOUL Posts: 1,805
7/2/09 3:27 P

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply
Thanks for the info, Mary! Cole and Jean


MARY1313's Photo MARY1313 Posts: 5,418
7/2/09 3:10 P

My SparkPage
Send Private Message
Reply

Fourth of July Safety Tips


For many people, nothing beats lounging in the backyard on the Fourth of July with good friends and family—including the four-legged members of the household. While it may seem like a great idea to reward Rover with scraps from the grill and bring him along to watch fireworks, in reality some festive foods and products can be potentially hazardous to your pets. The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center offers the following tips:

•Never leave alcoholic drinks unattended where pets can reach them. Alcoholic beverages have the potential to poison pets. If ingested, the animal could become very intoxicated and weak, severely depressed or could go into a coma. Death from respiratory failure is also a possibility in severe cases.

•Do not apply any sunscreen or insect repellent product to your pet that is not labeled specifically for use on animals. Ingestion of sunscreen products can result in drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive thirst and lethargy. The misuse of insect repellent that contains DEET can lead to neurological problems.

•Always keep matches and lighter fluid out of your pets’ reach. Certain types of matches contain chlorates, which could potentially damage blood cells and result in difficulty breathing—or even kidney disease in severe cases. Lighter fluid can be irritating to skin, and if ingested can produce gastrointestinal irritation and central nervous system depression. If lighter fluid is inhaled, aspiration pneumonia and breathing problems could develop.

•Keep your pets on their normal diet. Any change, even for one meal, can give your pets severe indigestion and diarrhea. This is particularly true for older animals who have more delicate digestive systems and nutritional requirements. And keep in mind that foods such as onions, chocolate, coffee, avocado, grapes & raisins, salt and yeast dough can all be potentially toxic to companion animals.

•Do not put glow jewelry on your pets, or allow them to play with it.While the luminescent substance contained in these products is not highly toxic, excessive drooling and gastrointestinal irritation could still result from ingestions, and intestinal blockage could occur from swallowing large pieces of the plastic containers.

•Keep citronella candles, insect coils and oil products out of reach. Ingestions can produce stomach irritation and possibly even central nervous system depression. If inhaled, the oils could cause aspiration pneumonia in pets.

•Never use fireworks around pets! While exposure to lit fireworks can potentially result in severe burns and/or trauma to the face and paws of curious pets, even unused fireworks can pose a danger. Many types contain potentially toxic substances, including potassium nitrate, arsenic and other heavy metals.

•Loud, crowded fireworks displays are no fun for pets, so please resist the urge to take them to Independence Day festivities. Instead, keep your little guys safe from the noise in a quiet, sheltered and escape-proof area at home.



Ya'll, I had no clue about some of this stuff. There is also an excellent article on the ASPCA website this month, see it at:

www2.aspca.org/site/MessageViewer?dl
v_
id=55821&em_id=61404.0


Please send this stuff to your friends and families and let's hope that none of the wonderful pets we know get hurt or lost.

Mary

Mary in Alabama

If I can quit smoking, I can lose weight!

"How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!" - George Elliston


♥ .•*´¨ ) ..•*¨) -:¦:-
(. ;.•.♥ Sprinkling you ♥.•*¨)
♥.•*¨-:¦:-. ;.•.♥ -:¦:-
♥ .•*´¨ ) .with a little♥.•*¨)
♥.•*¨-:¦:-. ;.•.♥ -:¦:-
southern hospitality.•*¨) -:¦:- ♥.•*¨-:¦:-. ;.•.♥ -:¦:-
(. ;.•.♥ and positive pixie dust♥.•*¨) <


 current weight: 163.0 
 
190
177.5
165
152.5
140
Page: 1 of (1)  

Report Innappropriate Post

Other Poodle Club General Team Discussion Forum Posts

Topics: Last Post:
With a heavy heart 5/23/2013 9:27:05 AM
prayers for Starlasue 2/15/2014 1:02:35 PM
Raider has passed 6/1/2013 6:30:48 AM
Trista is BACK... 7/18/2014 4:42:03 PM
Prewash cycle (Doggie table manners) 4/27/2013 10:10:24 PM

Thread URL: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/team_messageboard_thread.asp?board=0x8800x26731523

Review our Community Guidelines