Where do you all get those things in your messages. Like the thumb up or thank you or the little scale. I have searched and searched and cannot find them. Is there a place for the icons or do you just copy and paste the ones you want.
Although I didn't make it to my meeting this week because I was not feeling well at all. I found the meeting topic on the back of last week's weekly and found an article on the Weight Watcher's site.
The topic this week is "How to Be Your Own Best Friend". This can often be a very hard thing for many of us, especially when we have been so negative for so long. We have to re-focus our energies from being negative on being positive and sometimes that is quite an adjustment!
1. Make a list of your positive qualities. Things you do well. This could be anything that you can think of, including meal planning, getting up the first time the alarm goes off instead of hitting snooze, etc. Sometimes it's the little things that we need to focus on at first.
2. Pay yourself a compliment everyday. List out one thing that you like about yourself. Again, this can be anything, a clear complexion, good fashion sense, beautiful smile, etc.
3. Do things that you know will help you feel better about yourself. Reward yourself with things that will help build confidence. Maybe a new haircut for 10 pounds, a new moisturizer for 15 pounds, etc.
4. Give yourself regular treats. Take a spontaneous day trip, buy yourself flowers. If it's something that you would do for someone else, perhaps you should consider doing it for yourself.
5. Spend time with those that you care about. This has become more important to me. I realized that one of my best friends and I were not seeing each other for months and months on end, so we decided to do something about it. Now every two weeks we meet for a dinner and each person in our group gets to choose where we go for dinner. It is a great dinner for all of us and we get to spend some quality time together! You need to focus on those people who will help you feel good about yourself and be supportive of your journey!
6. Avoid situations that reinforce self-doubt. This may require looking at long standing relationships and distancing yourself from people who make you feel bad about yourself or your goals. This may be difficult, but it may be better than forever seeking that person's approval that you won't get.
7. Try a little kindness. We aren't perfect and we are bound to make mistakes. Try to keep that in mind and don't beat yourself up over what mistake you may have made, but focus instead on your achievements. I've heard people say before that they keep a journal of their achievements so that when they are having a rough time they can look back on what they have done instead of focusing on the negative of the situation.
A statement was made to me before when I was losing, that if someone pays you a compliment and you say "thank you, but" or something like that, then you are negating the compliment that they tried to give you. Becoming your own best friend can be difficult, but remember if you wouldn't say it to a friend, why would you say it to yourself? This journey is not always easy, but it is definitely worth it! We get to be the healthier version of ourselves on the other side and what could be better than that?
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.