1. What is your occupation? Medical administrative assistant or computer document designer.
2. What color is your underwear? Today it's tan
3. What are you listening to right now? An office phone ringing that I am not expected to answer.
4. What was the last thing you ate? Blueberry soy "yogurt."
5. Do you wish on stars? No, but I like looking at them, and think they are amazing. That light took so long to get here, and there are different worlds out there, and probably even parallel universes. Amazing!
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? probably several shades of green
7. How is the weather right now? Beautiful today, a little less humid.
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My daughter who lives ~30 miles away.
9. Do you wish you were a kid again? Well, it was mostly fun; but it was lots of work getting to where I am now, and I like being a grandma. I might have wanted to do some things differently, but I wouldn't want to have to do it all over again. So, "No."
10. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Switzerland and Ireland, ancestral homes.
11. Favorite drink? Different varieties of tea.
12. Favorite sport to watch? Ice skating or gymnastics
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? I tried a brown rinse for fun when I was still in high school, and it turned green! (That wasn't popular at that time ;D ) I had it dyed once, also for fun. I've been planning to dye the grey for several years now, and I bought the kit, but haven't done it just yet.
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Glasses for driving or fine print at a distance. Nearsighted, they put me in bifocals at age 7!
15. Pets? 2 cats
16. What is your dream profession? Writer
17. Favorite food? CHOCOLATE
18. What was the last movie you watched? Cider House Rules, again, on TV
19. Favorite days of the year? Fall (crisp, frosty air and gorgeous leaf colors)
20. What do you do to vent anger? Try to analyze the problem.
21. Fall or spring? Fall
22. Cherry or Blueberry? Blueberry
23. What is your dream house? I'm living in it: 2700 sq ft, built in 1910, has the potential for office space to be rented out. But along the way, we built two houses, and either of them would do as well.
24. Did you have a favorite pet as a child? Toby the cat who slept with me or Danny the beagle.
25. What is your favorite music? Classical or musical stage
26. Who do you live with? 2 cats who are my long-time pets, and 3 stray cats I'm currently fostering until the shelter has some space.
27. When was the last time you cried? Last week, over a poem.
28. Name a favorite part of your house: My mom's chair near her desk and beside my dad's magazine table, and all near my piano.
29. Who is the friend you have had the longest? My sister, I guess.
30. What did you do last night? Talked on the phone for a long time with my daughter who lives in Florida.
31. Favorite smell? Roses
32. What inspires you? Music
33. What are you afraid of? Running out of money.
34. Favorite car? I like the Saturn Ion I have now.
35. Favorite dog breed? One from a shelter.
36. Number of keys on your key ring? Car key, gas cap, file cabinet, house key, 2 garage keys, parsonage, office where I volunteer = 8
37. How many years at your current job? Unemployed for 2 years, but doing loads of volunteer work.
38. Favorite day of the week? Any day when I don't have something scheduled.
39. How many states have you lived in? Six: Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee, Michigan, Mississippi, and New York. Two of them, Ohio and Michigan, twice.
40. What state would you like to live in? I like it in Michigan where I am. I chose to come back to Michigan, and I hope to be able to stay here.
41. How many tattoos do you have? None
42. What is your favorite outfit to relax in? Soft knit pants and shirt.
43. What was your favorite toy as a child? My "Revlon" doll. She preceded Barbie. I sewed a wardrobe for her.
44. What cars did your parents drive? Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles.
45. What sports do you participate in? None whatsoever.
46. What is your favorite flower? Roses
47. What is your favorite Bible character? The real Jesus who taught that we should be non-judgmental, not "holier than thou," and that "God" = Love.
48. How often do you get together with your immediate family? About once or twice a year with my sisters. I used to see one daughter and her family, who live just about 30 miles away, nearly every Sunday evening; however the cost of gasoline has cut into that rather severely. The daughter in Florida usually comes to visit once a year and brings her two boys. But I haven't seen the daughter who lives in Mississippi - other than photos she emails - for 21 months now....
49. What is your favorite dessert? Sundae with chocolate ice cream and marshmallow creme topping.
50. What color clothing is your favorite to wear? Fall greens, oranges, and browns.
50. Are you all going to act horrified because I'm an athiest? Not at all: personally, I happen to be a humanist.
50. Why are you watching your sodium? Because I have a serious edema problem that's related to my hypertension.
50. Add your own question here: Do you volunteer?
Edited by: JXNCHICORY at: 7/22/2008 (20:16)
If we are to go on living together on this Earth, we must all be responsible for it.
~ Kofi Annan
To cherish what remains of the Earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
~ Wendell Barry
Nancy in Michigan
| Pounds lost: 59.0