|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
When God said we were to have no other gods before Him, He meant ANYTHING that we put above Him. Just a few scriptures to back that up.
(24) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
(13) No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
The apostle John taught:
1 John 2:15-17
(15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
(16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
(17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
We are to put nothing above our love and service to God. Not family, not friends, not our jobs, not our things, not our recreation...
One last scripture from the last part of Rev 2:10, "be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."
"Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy."
When God says to have “no other gods”, it does not mean that God recognizes any other deity beside Himself. He knows there are no other gods. He is alone in His position, in His rank, and in His glory as God. God is not making room in the universe for other gods, He is simply declaring that He is God alone! Something To Think About! Vic.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY
Let's make the journey to heaven together.