From the Julia Havey website:
Sometimes we need rules and guidelines to follow, it makes things easier for us. With that in mind, I hereby announce the 10 Self-Improvement through Self-Motivation Commandments!
1. Stop All Criticism - Criticism never changes a thing. Refuse to criticize yourself. Love yourself exactly as you are, vowing to change what you do not like. Everybody changes. When you criticize yourself, you are being negative. When you approve of yourself, you are able to bring about positive change.
2. Don't Disrespect Yourself - Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts. It's a dreadful way to live. Find a positive mental image that gives you pleasure and immediately switch your negative self-thought to a pleasurable one.
3. Be Gentle, Kind And Patient - Be gentle with yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself as you learn the new ways of thinking. Treat yourself as you would someone you really loved. Realize that loving yourself enough to feel that you deserve better in life is the first step in changing for the better!
4. Be Kind to Your Mind - Self-hatred is only going to keep enabling self depreciating. actions. Don't allow yourself to have these thoughts any longer. Gently change your thoughts.
5. Praise Yourself - Criticism breaks down the inner spirit. Praise builds it up. Praise yourself as much as you can. Tell yourself how well you are doing with every little thing. Think Pavlovian! Reward yourself each time you have a positive thought or action.
6. Support Yourself - Find ways to support yourself. Reach out to friends and allow them to help you. It is being strong to ask for help when you need it. You would help a friend in need, so let them also be your friend, in deed!
7. Be Loving To Your Negatives - Acknowledge that they existed to fulfill a need. Now, you are finding new, positive ways to fulfill those needs. So, lovingly release the old negative patterns. Say good bye to mindless eating, hello to awareness.
8. Take Care Of Your Body - Learn about nutrition. What kind of fuel does your body need to have optimum energy and vitality? Learn about exercise. What kind of exercise can you enjoy? Cherish and revere the temple you live in. Make your motto from this day forth “I will take better care of my body and mind than I do my car!”
9. Positive affirmations. Mirror, Mirror on the Wall Look into your eyes often. Express this growing sense of love you have for yourself. Talk to your past mistakes while looking in the mirror and forgive yourself for making them. And be sure to at least once a day say: "I love you, I really love you." (or “You like me, you really, really like me!” will also suffice!)
10. Keep Hope alive. Without hope and the believe that we can control and change our future and our lives…we never will. Remain hopeful. Realize that your past attempts and “dieting” and bettering your life may not have been as successful as you would have like, but that has NO bearing on your future and the success that you are going to realize this time!
All too often we make the matter of weight loss larger than life. We have for far too long been led to believe that the only way to succeed in weight loss was to endure a strict regimented eating plan. I strongly disagree. All you need is to follow the weight loss commandments laid out for you above and a sound nutrition eating plan.
| current weight: 239.0