When I attend Weight Loss Conferences or Support Groups one thing I can always depend upon is a reading list.
I just came back from a Weight Loss Conference on Sunday and have a new reading list. I thought it would interesting to see what weight loss related books you have found to be helpful. So please list your Five Favorite Recommended Reading and why you recommend it.
I will start off the list with my recommended reading list.
1. Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies - It is a well rounded easy to read book that walks you through the process from thinking about surgery through the entire process to the other side of surgery.
2. Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook For Dummies - Simple recipes that are written for the bariatric patient and their families. Great explanations on cooking terms and recipe instructions. Plus bonus is that Chef Dave Fout has had Gastric Bypass and knows our pouches! He is currently working on a cookbook for one!
3. Eat It Up! by Connie Stapleton PhD. This book is helping me to identify my food issues and to find solutions to work past those issues to be successful at WLS.
4. Weight Loss Surgery Stages of Transformation by Katie Jay, MSW - I heard her speak on this topic this weekend and bought the book. I am reading it now!
5. Small Bites: Daily Inspirations for Weight Loss Surgery Patients by Katie Jay, MSW - I am waiting for this book to arrive. I plan to use it to help me change my inner negative voice.
So what Five books are on your recommended reading list and why are they on your list? Remember list only 5 books. My current personnal list is over 25 books long.
Edited by: CINDY-K at: 11/1/2011 (16:14)
Cindy - A Co-Leader on Gastric Bypass Sparklers
Proximal Laproscopic RNY 9-10-10
Start Wt: 228 5-21-10
Surgery Wt: 205 9-10-10
Goal Wt: 135
| current weight: 176.0