Thanks so much for your comments. They mean so much to me. It tales me some time finish write a thread. My typing is REALLY bad. I don't spell that well either. So spell check is my best friend! LOL I was running late this morning, and once again making my husband and I kinda late for church (just a few minutes) BUt, I just had an urgency to get this out yesterday morning!
I am really glad that you liked it. Sometimes I feel myself get bossy when I write. I really don't like to make someone feel like I am telling them what to do. I don't want to offend someone. There are times though when I know God wants me to write something. That time was yesterday.
The wise men traveled for days to seek Jesus. what do you do in your daily life to seek Jesus. The wise men gave Jesus gold, frankincense, & myrrh. How many Christmas presents have you given Jesus in the last ten years?
I am asking you these questions because you won't hear them asked on a commercial, or written about in a newspaper, and you won't hear it on the radio either. I want you to think about it. I want you to do it. Too many Christmas’s went by without a present to God from me. Why, it never entered my mind.
My mom had us move the baby Jesus figure from nativity around the house each day. On Christmas day he would arrive in the stable. I thought about Jesus every Christmas and always have. It wasn't until I read The Wise Men seek him today that I ever even thought about giving Jesus a Christmas gift!!! I was about thirty years old, it shamed me.
He gave us so much. How can we hold back when we give to him?
Some of the ideas came from the book: Wise men seek him today.
Here are some gift ideas that you could give to Jesus. The wise men gave him their best. What will you give Him this year?
* a thoughtful note to someone alone.
* forgiveness for someone who hurt you.
* A word of encouragement for someone down on their luck.
* volunteer your time at a homeless shelter, become a big sister/brother, (using the internet is a great way to find local places to volunteer)
* befriend someone at work, your college, or church who is lonely.
* Ask god what he wants from you, He will give you the BEST answer!
* a hug to someone who feels unloved.
* A grocery gift card to a person who needs it.
* A smile to a stranger.
* A kind word to the next person you encounter.
* Joining a bible study at church.
* Helping out a family member with house work, a task for their house, or baby sitting.
*Spending more Sundays at church.
I encourage you and I am asking you to ask God what he wants for Christmas this year. You ask everyone else. The man that died for your sins deserves this question asked to him EVERY year. My life has been blessed since I started to do this. Yours will be as well.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.