Great conversation and many wonderful points. I will offer a few observations I have seen in 15 years working in fitness.
1. Almost all of us overestimate our current level of fitness and do not see a need to improve.
2. We think we are a lot busier than we are. The typical person does not realize how many hours are wasted each day online, in front of the TV, etc. With all the technological advances of the last 20 years, we should have more free time than ever.
3. Medicinally, we can fix or cure almost anything and people are no longer threatened by disease.
4. Sensory overload. We have wireless internet, Blackberrys, 24 hour news and sports, 200 cable channels, etc. Most people require 24 hour/day stimulation at the cost of quality of life. The thought of taking an hour a day to disconnect is frightful.
5. We think it is selfish. Good hearted people are so focused on achievements that benefit others they neglect time for self because they feel guilty.
| current weight: 156.0