|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Goals for 2014:
1-lose 50 to 100lbs
2-pare down my possessions to what truly matters to me
3-work out every day for at least 20 minutes
5-carve out time just for me
Here's to a great 2014!!
*Dazzling Diamond* - Biggest Loser Winter Challenge
Ms. Lib Gryffindor - Challengers of Hogwarts
I have reset my goals for 2014. I incorporate most of these things on my vision collage. toast to success in 2014
It's that time... ending of one year, beginning of another.
A new year with blank pages, a fresh start, lots of hope.
Have you considered your goals for 2014?
Ponder these questions:
What specifically would you like to accomplish in 2014?
What are some things you want to add to your life?
You might consider possible goals in these areas: physical, educational, spiritual, financial, relational.
This time next year what "I did it! I _________! " statement do you want to make?
There are many resources for how to set goals online... this is a link to some personal goal setting tips and ideas that I liked: www.mindtools.com/page6.html
Also, here's a few tips on ways to make your goals happen:
Make them realistic and attainable,
Write them out with positive statements (I will, I am...),
Break them up into "mini" goals where possible.
Review them constantly throughout the year.
keep track of your progress. and plan incentives as you reach them.
and I thought this might be helpful as well...
Ten Steps to Setting Successful New Year Goals
By Michelle May, M.D.
Whether you are setting personal goals for better health or business goals for getting organized and increasing profit, the key to successful New Years Resolutions is to create a strategic plan. The following ten steps will guide you through the goal setting and achievement process.
1. Assess Your Starting Point: Take an accurate and detailed assessment of where you are presently relative to the goal you would like to achieve.
2. Consider Your Values: Goals based on your core principles and values will form a passionate attitude.
3. Dream: Go for areas that inspire and challenge you. Project yourself into the future and write down your ideal scenario.
4. Define & Clarify: Narrow down your goals to those that inspire you the most. Make them so clear that you can see them, feel them, and measure them.
5. Write it Down: Write your goals in positive terms using detailed words and/or pictures. Put them in a place where you will see them often.
6. Develop a Plan: Set long and short goals, including a timeline with deadlines. Be flexible and open to new opportunities and paths to your goals but be careful of detours.
7. Identify Obstacles and Possible Solutions: Expect setbacks and learn to recover from them.
8. Create a Support Network: Consider identifying an accountability partner to encourage your continued progress.
9. Make it Happen: Periodically assess your progress, adjusting your approach and/or modifying goals as necessary.
10. Reward Yourself: Small and large incentives will keep you motivated to reach your short and long term goals. Keep in mind that the greatest reward is in knowing that you have done your best!
So...what are your goals for 2014?
~~ Renee' ~~ Hula Girl at Heart ~~
Casual Traveler - Central Time (AR, USA)
Be whoever you are extremely loud and be completely fearless when you do it. ~Gerard Way
Highest Weight: 252 in Nov 2012
1/1/14 - 226.5
5/28/14 - 199