Okay, here's my AA changeup for a lunch that was going to be a cheese sandwich prior to seeing Dr. Li's video. Now
1. 1 Josephs Flax* and whole wheat pita bread (60 calories) instead of bread.
2. Spread the pita pocket with at least 3 cloves of roasted garlic**.
3. Switch up the american cheese to gouda* or jarlsberg lite cheese*. Gouda will survive with more flavor without being heated. jarlsberg will need to be baked for about 5 minutes to melt to bring out the flavor.
4. Add more AA foods: chopped tomato*, onion*, chopped parsley**, chopped fresh spinach*, stir-fried soybean sprouts**, artichoke leaves**. 1/2 cup total veggies will be about 60 calories.
5. Serve with a cup of miso**. (10 calories) and a serving of steamed broccoli* or sugar snap peas.*
5. Include a desert of blueberries**, blackberries**, and strawberries**, 1/3 cup of each.
And you have a well balanced lunch. The original version had no anti-angiogenic foods. This version has 14 * or **anti-angiogenic foods. I marked some with ** because they are in the top 6 foods for AA potency. So 8 foods in this lunch are in the top 6.
Would you say this was a healthy lunch?
Vegans could substitute lentils for the cheese. I'd recommend red lentils. If you can't afford the calories, then use lentil sprouts, which you have sprouted.
| current weight: 168.0