SparkRecipes Has a Fresh New Look AND New Features!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
We're excited to launch a BIG update to SparkRecipes.com today! There are two main aspects of this update:
1. A new overall design
Since we launched SparkRecipes, the number of recipes members have shared has really exploded! We wanted to make the design cleaner and more organized so the site is easier for everyone to use.
* We added our "Advanced Search" to the homepage so new members can quickly find the recipes they're looking for.
* You can now get to ALL of our recipe categories from every page of the site; just mouse over "Browse Recipes" on the upper left of the site navigation.
* We added a new navigation for "What's Popular" so you can find what searches and recipes are popular.
2) New features
We love adding new features that our members request! Some of the new features include:
* The ability to select foods (ingredients) from your SparkPeople Favorites and search foods "shared" from other members when using the Recipe Calculator. Both of these features should make it quicker and easier to use the calculator!
* More food and cooking articles on SparkRecipes. You can find these under the "What's Popular" tab at the top of the site.
We hope you like the new updates, but wanted to let you know we won't stop here! We haven't announced this anywhere else yet, but SparkPeople is now working with a World Master Chef (and active mother of 3) who will develop new recipes, create video demonstrations and even makeover some recipes from our members! Keep an eye out for this next month
We launched a few tweaks to SparkMail today:
1) You can now save "Drafts" of SparkMail messages. When composing or replying to a message you will now see a button to save your Draft, and you also have a Drafts folder in your list of folders.
2) An overall visual redesign, making the buttons and links easier to find and use.
We hope you like these enhancements, we know that many members find SparkMail a great way to support one another!
I thought you would all be interested in if you haven't seen it already...
You now have the option to upload a video blog entry! To do this simply go to your blog page and you will see a new "Add a Video Blog" button under the "Add a Blog Entry" button. Uploading is 3 easy steps:
1) On the first page enter your video title and description, agree to the video Terms and Conditions, and choose the video file* from your computer to upload. You can then click the Upload button. It will take a few minutes to upload your video - with more or less time based on your video's file size.
2) After uploading you will come to a page to make your blog entry. We have pre-filled your title and description, but you can add more here if you would like. You can also pick an optional category for your video.
3) After posting your blog entry it will take a few minutes for us to process your video. You will see a message saying your video is processing. You can hit refresh every few minutes until you see your video. It typically takes around 10-15 minutes for your video to be ready to play.
Once your video is up other members can view your video from your blog and make comments like they would any other blog.
Members have asked for this feature for some time - to share progress, share Woohoo moments, and even share tips like their favorite workout or recipe. We hope you like this feature! If you want to see a few sample upload videos you can click here or here.
* Note that we support a wide variety of video formats, including: avi, dv, fl4, m4a, mov, mp4, mpeg, wav, wma, wmv, mp3, mpg, mts, qcelp, qt, mod, 3gp, 3gpp, amr-nb, and asf!
---SP launched a small tweak to the food tracker today, enabling you to delete more than one food at a time. On the bottom right of your myNutrition page you should now see a button labelled "Remove Multiple Foods." This will bring up a page enabling you to remove multiple foods at once.
A number of members requested this to make it easier to delete mistaken entries, especially entries from Food Groupings.
I've used to delete a whole meal, it really saves time!
--Based on member feedback, SP added some new "success" icons that you can use as your Message Board profile picture. In addition to the "I lost __ lbs" icons, there are now icons such as "I ran my first 5K", "Creating a New Me" and "Getting Fit". To upload one, click on Edit My SparkPage, click the link to change your profile picture, then click the link to "success icons" at the top of the page.
We hope you enjoy the new options!!
| current weight: 145.0