|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
I have 5 main goals now:
1) get back to 125 [24 more lbs to go!!!]
2) cut down on added sugars [limit cookies, candies, etc. and replace with fruit]
3) limit alcohol consumption [2 drink MAX when out to dinner or downtown with friends]
4) ZERO diet soda
5) limit processed snacks [only 1/day until I can completely eliminate]
I find that posting goals makes me more accountable!! :)
I'm going to increase my steps and my sleep
*walk 18,000 steps a day
*work in the yard an hour a day three days a week
*cultivate an attitude of gratitude
*act the way I want to feel
*don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
I'm going to kick the diet soda to the curb!! I have one very rarely, but still worth it.
Excellent tips!! Lisa!!
Nillapepsi (Sheila) :-)
Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks. ~ Regina Brett ~
Co-Leader: Christian Music Lovers www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
Co-Leader: Come On, Light Your Fire!
great tips!!! i had to post to my blog on my sparkpage to remind me later to write them down in a notebook...
HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER: 194 IBS ON September 23, 2013
LOWEST WEIGHT SINCE WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY BEGAN IN 2002/2003: 150'S
CURRENT WEIGHT: 194 ibs as of September 23, 2013
Ok, so if you want to improve your health and or lose weight in 2013, here's a few things to try:
1. Try one new SparkPeople recipe a week
Go on the recipe finder, find a healthy lower calorie recipe and make it for dinner
2. Add an extra fruit or veggie serving a day- make sure you get at least 5!
If you have only been eat 1-2, make sure to add at least 1 more a week until you get to 5, if you are already at 5, try for 6- see what happens.
3. Eat a protein filled breakfast with some healthy fats.
4. Take your multivitamins, if you aren't ona regimine, ask your doctor, nurse and/or trainer for recommednations.
5. Make sure to get 8 glasses of water daily
6. Kick the diet soda habit..
Get rid of those extra chemicals in your body, they can be slowing down your metabolism and filling your intestines with toxins.
7. Get 6-8 hours of sleep a night.
our metabolism moves slower if we are fatigued/tired
8. See our physician once this year, even if we are gfeeling well, get our blood pressure and cholesterol checked.
9. try one new workout tape or workout class a month. No need to spend money, ask a friend or neighbor or co-worker if you can borrow a workout video of theirs, and try it out! You may find a new favorite!
10. Invest in an inexpensive pedometer, and get 10,000 steps a day.
Here is an easy way to burn extra calories when you are low on time.
11. Get an inexpensive kitchen scale. Measure your foods, it makes a difference in calorie counts.
any other tips, leave them here!