|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:|
Old Time Beef Stew
2 pounds stew beef
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 or 2 bay leaves
1 medium onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Dash ground allspice or ground cloves
3 large carrots, sliced
3 ribs celery, chopped
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Brown meat in hot oil. Add water, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bay leaves, onion, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, and allspice. Cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours. Remove bay leaves and garlic clove. Add carrots and celery. Cover and cook 30 to 40 minutes longer. To thicken gravy, remove 2 cups hot liquid. Using a separate bowl, combine
1/4 cup water and cornstarch until smooth. Mix with a little hot liquid and return mixture to pot. Stir and cook until bubbly.
1 head cabbaage, coarsely chopped
3 or 4 large carrots, sliced
3 potatoes, cubed
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon thyme
salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 pound ground beef
1. Brown ground beef in dutch oven. Pour off any grease.
2. Put everything else all in large dutch oven, cover and bring to a boil.
3. Lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, till all is tender. Optional, add mushrooms, zuchinni or whatever you like. Enjoy !
Butternut Squash Chili
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, diced
2 tablespoons garlic, chopped finely
2 red peppers, diced (remove all seeds)
3 tablespoons chilli powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 pinch crushed red chilli flakes
4 16-ounce cans tomatoes, chopped with juice
1/2 cup red wine
2 whole butternut squash, peeled and cubed with seeds removed
Zest from 1 orange
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 14.5-ounce cans red kidney beans, drained and thoroughly rinsed
2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1.Heat oli in a heavy pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions, garlic, and peppers. Cook until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
2.Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, allspice, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute longer, stirring to coat the vegetables well with the spices.
3.Stir in the tomatoes with juice, red wine, butternut squash, orange zest, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
4.Adjust the seasonings to taste. Stir in the kidney beans and simmer for about 10 minutes longer. Just before serving, stir in the coriander leaves and parsley. Served garnished with the green onions if desired. Enjoy Y'all !
Chicken Tender Fried Rice
3 green onions, thinly sliced
3 Deli fried chicken tenders (68 oz)
1 (10-oz) bag frozen precooked rice with vegetables
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons stir-fry sauce
2 tablespoons egg substitute (or 1 small egg, beaten)
Slice onions (green part only).
Cut chicken into small bite-size pieces.
1.Cook rice blend following package instructions for microwave.
2.Preheat large sautι pan on medium-high 23 minutes. Add sesame oil and rice; cook and stir 1 minute to toast rice. Stir in stir-fry sauce.
3.Add egg slowly while cooking and stirring 12 minutes to cook egg. Stir in chicken and green onions; cook and stir 12 minutes or until hot. Serve
Sparkling Honeydew Fruit Salad
3 cups honeydew chunks
3 kiwi fruit
2 carambola (star fruit)
3/4 cup ginger ale
3 tablespoons shredded coconut
1 tablespoon ginger spice paste
2 teaspoons black sesame seeds (optional)
Cut honeydew into bite-size pieces.
Cut skin off kiwi and cut into slices.
Slice carambola; place all fruit in salad bowl.
1.Whisk ginger ale, coconut, ginger paste, and sesame seeds until blended.
2.Pour mixture over fruit; let stand 510 minutes for flavors to blend. Stir and serve
Mama's Barbeque Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
1 red onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
6 tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon ground chili powder
1 tablespoonWorcestershire sauce
1.Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes. Then add the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, honey, cayenne pepper, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce.
2.Simmer for 60 more minutes, then transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Enjoy !
Butternut Squash Pizza's
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1/2 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
salt and black pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough, divided
1 tablespoon cornmeal
2 tablespoons grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place sliced onion and squash in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; toss to coat.
2.Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned and squash is tender; set aside.
3.Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). On a floured surface, roll each ball of dough into an 8 inch round. Place the rounds on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal (you may need 2 baking sheets depending on their size). Distribute squash mixture over the two rounds and continue baking for 10 minutes, checking occasionally, or until the crust is firm. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining tablespoon olive oil. Cut into quarters, and serve Enjoy !
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets
1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish Enjoy !
1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup apple juice
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.
2. Transfer to sterile containers and chill in the refrigerator until serving Enjoy !
2 C. flour
2 Tbs. brown sugar, packed
1 Tbs. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. salt
1/2 C. nuts, chopped (optional)
1/2 C. pumpkin
1 large egg
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 C. milk
Pumpkin Maple Sauce:
1 C. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1 1/4 C. pumpkin
Combine ingredients. Stir just until moistened; batter may be lumpy. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; brush lightly with vegetable oil. Pour 1/4 C. batter onto hot griddle; cook until bubbles begin to burst. Turn and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with Pumpkin Maple Sauce and nuts. For sauce: Mix together until well blended Enjoy !
Fresh From The Garden Tomatoe Soup-
4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
1 slice onion
4 whole cloves
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white sugar, or to taste
1. In a stockpot, over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, onion, cloves and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, and gently boil for about 20 minutes to blend all of the flavors. Remove from heat and run the mixture through a food mill into a large bowl, or pan. Discard any stuff left over in the food mill.
2. In the now empty stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour to make a roux, cooking until the roux is a medium brown. Gradually whisk in a bit of the tomato mixture, so that no lumps form, then stir in the rest. Season with sugar and salt, and adjust to taste Enjoy !
Thank you ! I will try this. Hugs, Rose:)
All depends on my mood.
Generally I choose from basil, oregano, rosemary, or sage.
I always add basil though.
Thank you for this recipe ! This sounds really, really good. What kind of seasonings do you use on yours?
Chicken Bruschetta Bake
8 slices of bread
Your choice of seasoning
1 lb of chicken breast
1 can of diced tomatoes (drained) *OPTIONAL
1 can of spaghetti sauce
Set oven to broil. Cut the bread into cubes and lay them out flat on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle seasonings on top. Put in oven to toast the cubes - check in about 5 mins and pull out when it reaches your desired toastiness (LOL that's what I call it). You can cheat and use boxed stuffing but be sure to prepare it like the directions up until the point of baking it (doesn't turn out as great though).
Adjust oven to 350 degrees. Put chicken breasts in the bottom of a casserole dish. Cover evenly with toasted bread cubes. If using the diced tomatoes, cover the cubes evenly. Finally add can of spaghetti sauce, covering evenly (if any bread isn't coated it will burn). Put in oven for 30 mins or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
*You can top with either Parmesan cheese of any other cheese you desire but I cut it completely out since it tastes great without and I like to save the calories and the sodium. If you choose to add the cheese - sprinkle it on after the spaghetti sauce.
This meal may not look like enough to eat but trust me...it's VERY filling thanks to the stuffing!!
1 pound bacon, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 cups chicken stock, or enough to cover potatoes
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until done. Remove bacon from pan, and set aside. Drain off all but 1/4 cup of the bacon grease.
2. In the bacon grease remaining in the pan, saute the celery and onion until onion begins to turn clear. Add the garlic, and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cubed potatoes, and toss to coat. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Return the bacon to the pan, and add enough chicken stock to just cover the potatoes. Cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender.
3. In a separate pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Cook stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream, tarragon and cilantro. Bring the cream mixture to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir the cream mixture into the potato mixture. Puree about 1/2 the soup, and return to the pan. Adjust seasonings to taste. Enjoy !
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.
3. Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
4. In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Enjoy
Please share a recipe of any kind with us !
Edited by: MEMORIES7 at: 8/17/2012 (13:29)