|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Great ideas! Working fitness in has not been a problem for me (thanks to my 5% group) and I'm currently working to get it in ten-minute segments. So happy to know that research proves to us that three 10-minute segments is as good as doing one 30-minute segment.
As it is, I prefer to enjoy a much more relaxed level of exercise . . . I really should work at getting the heart rate up better. I can't seem to find my own pulse, no matter how hard I try at the neck or wrist -- so I have to rely on a blood pressure cuff or such and by the time I find that, I've rested long enough to no longer have accuracy.
Considering the last couple weeks I've had, I'd better get my eating back under control as it's gotten into a fanatical phase (kinda like watching my critters store away as much food as they can . . . only in my case, it tends to go right down the hatch).
Edited by: EJOY-EVELYN at: 9/8/2012 (22:08)
60 Second Makeover Challenge
This week we will focus on changing our lives one minute at a time.
Choose AT LEAST ONE of these 60 second activities each day but try to fit in as many as you can – after all, it’s only one minute at a time! Remember you can do any activity as many times as you like through the day!
* Energy boost: take 60 seconds to exercise (jumping jacks, running in place, step ups – anything to get your heart pumping!) - this is great to do first thing in the morning or anytime throughout the day when you need a boost!
* Relaxation: take 60 seconds for deep breathing or quiet reflection - do this anytime you feel stress levels increasing and/or at the end of the day to wind down
* Positive thinking: take 60 seconds for positive affirmations about your journey to better health, or any aspect of your life – try this first thing to set the right tone for the day ahead!
* Gratitude: take 60 seconds to write down 5 things that you are grateful for - what's good in your life?
* Self-confidence: take 60 seconds to give yourself a compliment - display it on post-it note, or even start a book! Let’s acknowledge our good points!
* Reach out: smile or encourage someone – get those feel-good endorphins flowing!
There are more ideas in the article ‘60-Second Health and Fitness Boosters’:
Come back here and share which 60 second makeover/s you did each day.
Let’s make each day better!
Reached my goal weight of 128 on 3/20/2012
Member of the Teddy Bears 2014 Summer 5% Challenge Participated in 9 contiguous 5% challenges Go Teddy Bears!
Pacific Time (Sunny Sunnyvale)