Hi all! I'm Anita and I'm in Southern Maine. I'm a Telemetry nurse but have a background in cardiothoracic nursing, and was a float pool nurse for almost 6 years. I'm also a firefighter/paramedic for 2 local towns. I'm in school again, this time working on my FNP. I recently got married and have decided to finally part with my extra weight (thank you 12 + years of night shift and a nasty break up). I've been at it since April 2013 (2 weeks after our wedding) and have lost 26 pounds so far...my goal is 40-50 pounds. This is not the first time I've tried to lose the extra weight but this time I've got a better motivator....I had to go on BP meds and I'm WAY WAY too young for those!! So, here I am and I'm hell bent to get off the medications by my first wedding anniversary. I've managed to bring the BP into a decent range on meds so now I need to keep up the good work so I can part with the meds :-)
current weight: 204.4
Fitness Minutes: (13,133) Posts: 103 6/13/13 5:50 P
1. location- South Mississippi, where it is very hot and humid! 2. career- Starting a new chapter, about to begin working at the state burn center 3.healthy life style goals a.exercise- Already doing yoga and belly-dance, but I need to start lifting weights too. b. weight loss- Aiming to lose 50lbs this year. c. healthy eating- Doing mostly okay, but having a devil of a time getting enough water! 4. any other life goals- I want to have fun every day. I've been so serious for so long, so focused on my career, that I've become dull and isolated. There is more to life than work!
Words mean things.
current weight: 259.6
Fitness Minutes: (400) Posts: 4 4/30/13 2:34 A
Hi I am Ashlee. I work 3rd shift in the NICU, and I love it! I am in lower Michigan and work in Indiana, I am currently doing the insanity workout, and I can do it, but it would be much easier without all of this extra weight to carry around.
Insanity is trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results
1. I live in Idaho 2. My nursing career has been in long term care, and psychiatric care. I just started at a psychiatric hospital. My job at the hospital is in admissions. 3. My healthy lifestyle goals include developing a consistent exercise plan, consistently loosing weight and to eat a sensible diet. a. My exercise plan is to get back into kickboxing. In the spring I want to use a trail by our river to walk/run. b. I want to be consistent in my weight loss. c. I want to eat healthy and balanced meals and keep a log of the calories I intake. I want to limit my diet pepsi intake and switch to more water too. 4. Some other goals I have in life are dependent on if I lose my weight. I have a very strong passion to join either the Air Force or Navy as a Psychiatric Nurse...and have set that as my ultimate goal.
Pounds lost: 23.0
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 2 1/29/13 2:20 A
1. I live in Madill, OK. 2. I'm currently an RN at a small rural hospital and deal with peds to critical care and ER. 3. I just started on this site and my goals are to lose weight for vacation this summer (actually to be all around healthier) and be able to run a 5k. 4. As soon as I get my husband through his schooling, I want to go back and get my BSN
Edited by: MISSYMARIE68 at: 1/29/2013 (02:21)
current weight: 195.0
Fitness Minutes: (205) Posts: 10 1/20/13 4:41 P
I live in Cogswell, ND. I am a CNA in a long-term health care facility. I need to lose weight to improve my heart health. I have had a couple of scares. I have high blood pressure. I also want to be able to spend good healthy time with my grandkids. mrspdean
current weight: 219.0
Fitness Minutes: (30) Posts: 19 1/19/13 4:06 P
1. location- Atlanta, GA 2. career- Labor and Delivery RN 3.healthy life style goals a. exercise- I just want to be doing SOMETHING. I think yoga would be ideal- builds strength and relieves stress! b. weight loss- just aiming to maintain. c. healthy eating- I want to get in the habit of eating more fruits and vegetables. Also I want to learn to enjoy cooking more, so that I don't just go to lazy cooking, like frozen pizza or chicken fingers. Yikes. 4. any other life goals- well, even though I'm just on orientation now, I know that eventually I want to work in the NICU. I'm just trying to stay appreciative that I have a job at a reputable hospital, in the general area I have interested in (women & infant health).
Fitness Minutes: (0) Posts: 19 1/19/13 2:01 P
1. Phoenix, AZ 2. APCU RN 3.Loose weight and feel god a.exercise more, take a walk with kids everyday b. I need to loose about 80 pounds c. working hard at it, love to munch on bad stuff 4. have to get my BSN
current weight: 220.0
Fitness Minutes: (24,968) Posts: 1,447 12/19/12 2:35 A
1. Location - Iowa 2. Career - Psych Nurse 3. Healthy Lifestyle Goals a. Exercise - I go to the gym 4-5 days per week. Combination of strength training and cardio. b. Weight Loss - I focus on losing 10% at a time. Goal is 150 pound loss. c. Healthy Eating - Increase in fruits and veggies. I cut out soda completely. Trying to eat more healthy calories and less "empty" calories. 4. Any Other Life Goals - Travel more, spend time with my friends and family, have more patience
Edited by: JUSTLLAMA at: 12/19/2012 (02:35)
~Shannon (from Iowa - Central Time Zone)
A&I April Fires of Beltane A&I January Arctic Foxes, December Silver Belles, November Dazzling Daisies, February Roses, March Shamrocks 100+ White Hawk (Llama Hawk) 5% Challenge Cats Team
Sounds good, I'll give it a go... 1- I'm in Texas along the Gulf Coast 2- Pediatric Critical Care RN in PICU 3- Healthy goals; a. Yoga, walking, "Escape Your Shape" workout. b. Lost 8 pounds, wanting to drop 15 to 20 more. c. Bring fresh vegys, fruits, juices to work and don't eat cake, cookies, etc that are around the worksite. 4- Life Goals - Not be too lazy in front of the TV! Walk and move around as much as possible.
2-Career-between jobs. Just left an inpatient hospice unit; Last week interviewed for a primary care nurse coordinator position. Today is a phone interview for a RN position with an area memory clinic. Just finished an e-mail information request for an oncology research position.
3-Healthy life style a-exercise-I think I got about 3 10 minute sessions in last week. More than I have been, but need to keep pushing my self to put in the effort more often and or for longer periods of time. b-weight loss-I haven't weighed in lately. Need to put that higher up on the priority list list week. c-healthy eating-Did so much better at this the week before last than last week. Oh well, time to start over and keep working forward.
4-Other goals-I have my grad school application complete except for the recommendation from a supervisor with an advanced degree. I didn't have one of those at my pervious job, so I guess you could say quitting that is moving forward. This also means though that I will most likely not finish the application process early enouhg to start classes until Fall of 2014.
Keep moving forward.
Blessings, Amanda, RN
Team Leader of Night Shift Nurses Team Leader of Nurses Everywhere
1. I'm in Vermont 2. I've been an LNa, and an LPN, and just recently got my RN. The vast majority of my experience has been in long term care. 3. I just want to be able to do the things I enjoy in life without my weight being a factor. Can I climb that hill ? Will I fit in that theater seat ? Am I too heavy for that amusement park ride ? A: doing SOMETHING active daily B: Staying under 2000 calories and as low fat as possible. Eating more fruits and veggies and drinking plenty of water. C: Be 200 pounds or less by this coming Halloween. 4. Would like to go on to be a NP.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.