|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
....when crock potting?
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
— Harlan Ellison
The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant.--Maximilien Robespierre
4 Noble Truths
1. Suffering is a part of life
2. Suffering is caused by our attachments and avoidances.
3. Suffering can be ended.
4. Freedom from suffering is possible by following the Eightfold path.
Bigotry disguised as morality is still bigotry just as an outhouse with
marble columns is still an outhouse.
--D. A. Ridgely
co-leader of the following teams:
Bears, growling the pounds away, PHILADELPHIA IS ON THE MOVE,
Living Life on a Shoes
Thanks much for those tips!
God Is Great and Greatly To Be Praised!
Thanks for sharing! I'm sure we can all benefit from these tips.
"You may wait, but time will not. "
"We are NOT guaranteed a "tomorrow", so let's make the most of today!"
"Fake it until you make it!"
I received the post below in one of my leadership teams and wanted to share it with you...............
I work in the healthcare industry and this was shared recently at a business meeting...thought you may be interested....
In a global epidemic of this nature, it's almost impossible to avoid coming into contact with H1N1 in spite of all precautions. Contact with H1N1 is not so much of a problem as proliferation is.
While you are still healthy and not showing any symptoms of H1N1 infection, in order to prevent proliferation, aggravation of symptoms and development of secondary infections, some very simple steps, not fully highlighted in most official communications, can be practiced (instead of focusing on how to stock N95 or Tamiflu):
1. Frequent hand-washing.
2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face.
3. *Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don't trust salt). *H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/ nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.
4. Similar to 3 above, *clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water. *Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (very good Yoga asanas to clean nasal cavities), but *blowing the nose hard once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population.*
5. *Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (Amla and other citrus fruits). *If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.
6. *Drink as much of warm liquids (tea, coffee, etc) as you can. *Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.
Leader Green Bay Sparkers www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_i
What your mind believes, your body can achieve!
It only takes one spark to ignite a fire.
Worry looks around.
Sorry looks back.
Faith looks up.