I will start this topic off by putting on some good info books that I have read and/or are in the process of reading. Some of these are available on Kindle and Nook as well.
1. "The Expert's Guide to Weightloss Surgery" by Dr. Garth Davis, Bariatric Surgeon and Medical Director of The Davis Clinic in Houston, TX-he also has the show "Big Medicine" which is dedicated to the info and questions concerning weightloss surgery-the befores and afters.
2."The Weightloss Surgery Workbook: Deciding on Bariatric Surgery, Preparing for the Procedure and Changing Habits for Post-Surgery Success", by Doreen Samelson.
I worked through this workbook and it is worth the buy-also available as an ebook.
3. "How My Diabetes Was Cured, Bariatric Surgery Is The Answer", by Anne Gamache Martin.
4. "Eat It Up!" by Connie Stapleton, Ph.D
Good Info book.
5. "The Complete Idiot's Mini Guide to What You Must Know About Bariatric Surgery", by
Margaret Furtado, MS, RD, LDN, RYT.
6. "Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies" by Marina S. Kurian, MD, Barbara Thompson and
Brian K. Davidson.
7. "Practical Advice for Lifetime Maintenance After Bariatric Surgery", Pamela Harrelson.
8. "Okay, I've Gone Through Weightloss Surgery, Now What Do I Do?" by Joanne M. Moff PA-C.
9. "Life After Gastric Bypass", by Katrina Segrave, RD, LDN, CSCS
And Jerry Wayne. A Gastric Bypass Patient Success Story.
10. " Bariatric Surgery-All About Bariatric Procedures", by Mary Lime.
Onward with my Journey!!!!
Location: Albany, NY
Eastern time zone.
Surgery Date: 12/17/2012
RNY with Dr. T.Paul Singh at Albany Medical Center.
Which happens to be where I work.
| current weight: 149.0