I can't answer all the questions but I can answer some.
For a starters, you don't NEED dumbbells, you can even do the exercises without any weights as long as your doing the movements properly. But I do recommend using some weights, if you have to you can start with tin food or equal weight, or water in drinking bottles, again of equal weight. I'm sure there is something at home you could use as a substitute.
Secondly, if there are some exercises you can't do, they do suggest easier versions of the movement or you could try a different video as long as its based on the same area of focus, so if its supposed to be core, try another core video.
Lastly you don't need to do the suggested diet plan , but for best results track your foods to watch your calorie intake and try to stay within the limit given to you.
Do that you can and realise every step for the better us progress, so don't overwhelm yourself. There is a lot of resources and support here so good luck!
current weight: 139.0
Fitness Minutes: (61,345) Posts: 1,177 1/17/13 1:30 A
Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of Spark People and your first challenge. I am going to do my best to answer all your questions and help you out as much as I can.
1) The videos are a guide you can do the exercises with or without weights to the best of your ability. All the videos have modified moves for those just starting out. just do what you can.
2) Take it slow and work at your own pace and make changes as you need to. You can definitely use other videos if they help you get more out of what you are able to do.
3) Try to make the best choices you can when it comes to food and track everything. Start out making small changes that you feel you can stick with and add to them as it gets easier to make the right choices more and more. Try just making sure you get your 8 glasses of water everyday for a week and see how that goes.
4) The way the challenge is set up is that you do a daily video that runs from 6-12 minutes in length, one for each day of the week. You can do the videos as many times as you would like or feel like you can. Along with the videos you should add some cardio in 10 minute increments 5 days a week shooting for 30 minutes a day. You could do the video and the one mile walk each day. All you have to do is then track your fitness minutes for the walking.
5) There is a way to put links on your blog for all of this and I believe all you have to do is copy the link from the page you want to link to and then paste it on your blog. I have never tried this and am not sure that I'm right on this one but for the rest of my answers here are from the heart and I hope that they help you along your journey.
Good Luck and just have fun don't make it harder than it has to be.
current weight: 160.0
Fitness Minutes: (770) Posts: 313 1/16/13 11:34 P
First of all this is my first Challenge.And I want to make something good of it if possible.So I want to jump in with the questions.
1.It says in the first week I need dumbbells(I don't own dumbbells.But I do own 3 fitness bands I recently bought and never used yet as well as a exercise band with two handles.)
2.I am a big girl that is not used to exercising.So if I think the videos are to hard can I switch to a different video as long as it works the same parts.
3.I can't keep up with a healthy diet I don't have vary much for healthy foods in my house rite now.So can I still do the Challenge and just wing the diet part till I receive my next check on 02/01.
4.I have also registered for walkathome.com and they have a video on there called 1 mile in 15 minutes.Can I do that also instead of only doing 10-minute videos from sparkpeople.Maybe for 2 days do videos from sparkpeople and then 1 mile from walkathome and then back to sparkpeople.
5.I was also wondering something else but not about the challenge.Is there a way to put a link on my blog from sparkpeople.com as well as a link for this team so I can help others find the Challenge as well as sparkpeople.com.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.