The Primal Leap 30-Day Guidebook Table of Contents
The Primal Leap Guidebook is organized into four one-week blocks with action items each week in three areas: Diet, Exercise and Lifestyle.
Overview of the program, including statement of the three main objectives (reprogram your genes to burn fat, overhaul your exercise program to pursue the functional, balanced reframe your philosophy to become process-oriented and have fun with lifestyle transformation).
"Everything you need to know about weight loss" on a single page!
1. Compile a Baseline Food Log and input the results into an online data base to determine your typical macronutrient ratios and caloric intake values.
2. Calculate your average daily intake of protein, carbohydrate and fat according to Primal guidelines to achieve your 30-day weight loss goal.
3. Create a healthy eating environment – eliminate offensive foods, go on a Primal shopping spree, establish healthy mealtime habits and attitudes about food.
4. Go Primal!: Embark upon your dietary changes and compile a Primal Food Log to gauge your progress.
5. Journal Exercises about eating habits and food logs.
1. Introduce Law #3: Move frequently at a slow pace. Discussion of Primal heart rate zone guidelines and the importance of avoiding Chronic Cardio. Conduct two overdistance aerobic workouts (hiking, jogging for the very fit) and 2-3 shorter workouts (morning or evening walks) according to Primal heart rate zone guidelines this week. Make effort to increase general movement in daily life.
2. Introduce Law #4: Lift Heavy Things. Discussion of the benefits of brief, intense strength training sessions. Conduct two introductory strength training sessions at 75% effort, one session of 30-minutes and an abbreviated session of 10 minutes.
3. Journal Exercises to record workout information.
1. Introduction of the five Primal Blueprint lifestyle laws (Get Adequate Sleep and Sunlight, Play, Avoid Mistakes, Use Your Brain), with tips to integrate each into daily routine.
2. Journal exercises to assess current compliance and establish action plans and goals for each lifestyle law.
1. How to succeed with the challenge of getting into the Carbohydrate Curve's Sweet Spot Zone of 50-100 average grams of carbs per day (track intake, compile snacks, refresh energy, improve sleep habits, avoid sweetened beverages, slow down cardio).
2. Primal meal celebration: prepare a delicious Primal meal from start to finish and invite guests for a festive event.
3. Compile a third Food Log to gauge your progress.
Journal exercises about Sweet Spot eating and Primal meal celebration.
1. Continue Law #3 workouts:1-2 overdistance, 2-3 moderate duration.
2. Continue Law #4 workouts: 30-minute and 10-minute sessions at 80-100% effort.
3. Introduce Law #5 Sprint: conduct one introductory sprint workout at 75% effort.
4. Journal exercises to record workout information.
1. Discussion about self-limiting beliefs, behaviors and lifestyle circumstances and how to reframe them into positive, empowering beliefs and actions.
2. Discussion about making committments and tips for success (positive attitude, eliminate self-deprecating comments and beliefs, "try" vs. "commit", set process-oriented goals).
3. Journal exercises on both topics.
1. Tips to cultivate your Primal appetite (disconnect negative emotions from eating, reject the "diet" mentality, indulge sensibly, manipulate your environment, model children).
2. Engage in Intermittent Fasting - examples provided for novice, intermediate, and advanced fasts.
3. No Labels Primal Challenge - avoid eating packaged/processed foods at novice, intermediate and advanced levels
4. Journal exercises on each topic
1. Aerobic Fitness Assessment: Measure your aerobic efficiency by performing a controlled and easily repeatable test over a specific course/distance and 75% of maximum heart rate.
2. PBF Challenge Fitness Assessment: Tackle an intense sequence of Primal Blueprint Fitness basic body resistance and sprint exercises for time. Options provided for novice, intermediate, advanced, and Super Primal advanced challenge courses.
3. Continue Law #3 workouts: one overdistance, 1-3 moderate duration.
4. Continue Law #4 workouts: 30-minute and 10-minute sessions at 60-100% effort.
5. Journal exercises to record workout information.
1. Complete an ambitious Play endeavor and journal the experience in detail.
2. Commence a “Use Your Brain” endeavor and journal experience in detail.
3. Journal exercises to determine compliance with Primal Blueprint lifestyle laws.
1. Manipulate caloric intake by engaging in four days of Carbohydrate Curve Maintenance Zone eating, followed by three days of Sweet Spot Zone eating.
2. Complete a fourth Food Log to assess your accuracy in manipulating caloric intake.
3. Journal exercises on the manipulate caloric intake experience.
1. Observe a 3-day recovery period with no exercise. Engage in restorate alternatives like meditative breathing exercises, cold water therapy and Primal stretching.
2. Continue Law #3 workouts: Two moderate duration workouts.
3. Continue Law #4 workouts: One 30-minute strength session at 100% effort.
4. Continue Law #5 workouts: One sprint session at 100% effort.
5. Journal exercises to record workout information and comment on recovery period.
1. Complete Primal Leap conclusion journal exercises.
2. Take after photo and compare to before photo with journal exercises.
3. Discuss your Primal future with tips for long-term success (80% Rule, focus, habits, mentality). primalblueprint.com/pages/The-Primal-Leap-
| Pounds lost: 0.0