|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
VIEWED THE PERFECT HUMAN DIET AND READ 7-DAY PALEO FOR BEGINNERS. ALSO DOWN LOADED E-Books on the paleo diet. Now I NEED to clean house and get to work.
PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD
Most of us on the team follow the Primal/Paleo diet to some extent. For those who are not familiar for general reference please refer to the following links and information explaining what these nutritional/lifestyle programs are about.
Advice for Newbies:
What is the Paleo Diet:
PALEO Quick Start:
WHAT AND HOW TO EAT PALEO:
Ideally these options are grass fed or wild caught. If you cannot find those should you eat a bagel? No! Conventional options are fine.
Beans and rice do NOT count.
Land: Pork, beef, lamb.
Sea: Trout, salmon, shrimp, crab. You know…fishy type stuff!
Air: Chicken, turkey, duck, ostrich. I know, ostrich is flightless don’t get cheeky
Round things out with some good quality bacon, omega-3 enriched eggs and some items like chicken apple sausage to help you with breakfast on busy days.
Ideally these are local and organic, but again, this should not be a deal breaker. Our local mega-food chain actually has the best produce outside of the farmers market, and at an amazing price.
Shop with the season, which typically means what is on sale. Mix up the colors.
Limit fruit to 1 serving per day if fat loss is your goal.
- A serving is not a whole watermelon. If you want to screw things up and not make progress, eat all the fruit you want, it’s your nickel, ride the ride as you like. In order of preference: Berries, melons, citrus, apples, pears. Bananas, papayas and mangoes are great for athletes post workout but dodgy for folks who want to lose weight.
Olive oil (extra virgin) coconut, avocado (oil and whole), macadamia (whole and oil), almonds, walnuts. ** If fat loss is a goal limit nuts to 1-2 oz. per day.
Odds & Ends.
Marinara sauce, herbs, spices-curry powder, garlic, ginger, cilantro, garam massala, chili powder, black pepper, lemon zest, allspice, cinnamon, cumin, oregano, and basil. Get at least 20 herbs and spices to keep your cooking lively.
Stock up on espresso, teas and mineral water as these are your beverages of choice.
The majority of your meals look something like this:
• 4-8 oz of lean protein such as chicken, lean beef, turkey, pork loin or seafood.
• Several servings of vegetables, either raw, steamed, or lightly cooked.
• Finally, round out the meal with good fats from Avocado, olive oil or a handful of un-salted nuts such as almonds, pecans, macadamias or walnuts.
• Protein every meal
• 3-4 meals per day
• Limit fruit to 1 serving if fat loss is a goal
• Limit nuts to 1-2 oz if fat loss is a goal
• Beverages are coffee, tea, minearal water. Unsweetened, this includes stevia
Edited by: JAZZID at: 11/27/2012 (23:56)
I choose love, joy and freedom, open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.