|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
keep experimenting and you will find a way to incorporate them.
there are many recipes to try.
have you tried making a sweet version
there are lots of recipes on the facebook group.
some people are making muffin with the veggies mixed in so you can just grab and eat.
for something sweet you can mix in choc protein powder and make a "pudding" both need to be cooked of course.
the best things in life are free: love.. laughter.. kindness.. smiles.. hugs.. and the sun shining on your face;)
The point is not to pay back kindness, but to pass it on - Julia Alvarez
Come check out the abs diet for women
Any South Australians out there??
Come and join
The Adelaide Sparkies
Here are links to a few recipes that I like and keep the boredom away from the egg whites. They're originally from The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno:
Eat Clean Breakfast Burritos
Eat Clean Egg Salad Filling
And I also like doing the Pancake-thing where you mix the egg whites with a 1/2 cup oatmeal, a 1/2 cup cottage cheese and add some cinnamon and vanilla. I sometimes add blueberries to the mix, or top with heated up strawberries.
They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. - Andy Warhol
FIREFLYBRIDE those are some GREAT ideas. I may have to try some of those options because Im not sure I will be able to handle egg whites for the FULL 12 weeks!
-Goal Weight: 120-110
I love the ideas you generated here as well, thank you
One day I will be the success story
If it was easy everyone would do it!
Live your life on purpose, not by accident
If not now, when?
NEVER GIVE UP!!!
Thank you - those are GREAT ideas!!
Things that you can add to make egg whites yummier...
- 1 tbsp cottage cheese (add them when egg whites are almost done cooking & stir, makes for cheesy eggs)
- 1-2 tbsp clean salsa added (after cooking egg whites)
- spices: creole, cavenders, garlic powder, rosemary, basil, oregano, cumin, red pepper, herbs de provence, etc.
- egg sandwich: cook egg whites (add cottage cheese if desired), place between 1-2 slices of Ezekiel bread
- 1 small tomato (cut up) with cottage cheese on top
- homemade hummus with carrots or celery
- protein pancakes: mix 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, baking powder, baking soda (optional to add cinnamon & vanilla for flavor) into pancake batter and cook
- 4 of Jamie's protein bars or 2 protein muffins, veggies on the side
- protein shake/smoothie with a 1/2-1 cup of spinach added in (can't even taste the spinach)
- I'm pretty sure tuna is on the list of allowed foods. Tuna with celery is pretty good.
- check out the spark recipe "Garden Vegetable Fritatta" (skip the cheese, use almond milk & egg whites rather than cow milk & eggs)
Lots of options!
"I don't know what the future holds, but I know the ONE who holds the future."
I am honestly trying to like egg whites, and she has a lot of them down on her food plan, but I just can't do it. Does anyone have any alternatives to egg whites? I was making a veggie egg white omelet, and I just am coming up empty with a clean protein with veggies to substitute. I like cottage cheese and greek yogurt, but what kinds of veggies do I pair with that, or can I just skip vegetables for breakfast? I'm confused! Except that I do know I am having a hard time eating the egg whites....Thanks for any ideas!