Hi there! My name is Mel and I'm new to NKY. Looks like this board was started a while ago but I'm hoping we can get it active again :)
1. How did you get into SparkPeople? A couple of years ago my friend suggested we try this site together. I really enjoyed it and I lost 54 pounds!....Then I fell off the wagon and went back to my old habits.
2. What goals have you achieved since becoming an active member? Well, the first goal was to eat less than 2K Calories every day for a week, which I completed! Long term .... Honestly, I want to get control over this food addiction. I want to make sure this is a lifestyle change and not just a diet. I think that's where I failed the first time.
3. What goals are you still working towards? Oops! I answered that one above! LOL
4. Complete this sentence - "I wish the Northern Kentucky Team would.... Be more active! I'm hoping to build a group of supporters which will help us all be more successful :)
1. How did you get into SparkPeople? My sister introduced me to the website. 2. What goals have you achieved since becoming an active member? I have really started tracking what I eat. 3. What goals are you still working toward? All of them I have only been on the site a week.
4. Complete this sentence - "I wish the Northern Kentucky Team would ...........?" Hmm I am not sure yet
Pounds lost: 1.0
Fitness Minutes: (60) Posts: 16 2/12/13 10:13 A
1. How did you get into SparkPeople? Found it while looking for a site on the internet to find a walking buddy
2. What goals have you achieved since becoming an active member? Just joined the other day - but have already spoken to a few great women who seem to be very supportive
3. What goals are you still working toward? All my goals - losing 50 lbs, becoming more active, eating less
4. Complete this sentence - "I wish the Northern Kentucky Team would ...........?" Be more active with each other - form a group that meets monthly - help new members by sending them a buddy to help them
Doriann Florence, KY Please feel free to contact me I am always looking for support
2. I joined in Jan. since then I have lost about 40 pounds. Walked in 2 5K's. Joined a yoga class. Joined a Zumba class.Hiked in the Smokie MTns. and several other day hikes.
3. I still have not set a final weight goal. I mostly want to feel healthy. My first weight goal is 189 by July 24th I set that when I started in Jan. After I get ther I will set another one.
My hubby and I are planning to start the Appalachian trail in the fall. It will take us years one week at a time but that is our goal.
I want to run my next 5K. I am training for that now.
4. I would love to see an active local team. I think it would be fun to do a local 5K for charity.
~Christina My word of the year is TRANSFORMATION 2 Corinthians 3:18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. EST Northern KY
1. How did you get into SparkPeople? A friend sent me an email invitation back in January. I had just come through the holidays and a wedding and was at the highest weight I have ever been. Another friend here in NKY joined at the same time. This is the first time I have stuck with the whole life style change. The support and companionship for the journey has made a world of difference. I have lost about 25 pounds since jan. 13 of 2010.
2. What goals have you achieved since becoming an active member? I exercise much more than before, I am eating a much healthier diet, I am drinking less coffee and lots of water.
3. What goals are you still working toward? I am wanting to get my weight down to 140 pounds. I hope to be there by the end of the year.
4. Complete this sentence - "I wish the Northern Kentucky Team would ...........?" I also would like to see us get connected! Christina and i have talked about us having a cookout or meet at one of the parks! We would be glad to help make that happen!
Blessings! Pastor Lisa
Fourth Avenue UMC 318 W. St. Catherine Street Louisville KY 40203 www.fourthavenue.us
1. How did you get into SparkPeople? When I had my birthday this year I decided I wanted to be more active. I wanted to try kickboxing, so I got on YouTube and searched for videos. I found the SparkPeople 10 minute cardio kickboxing video and loved it. From there I found this site and got hooked. Love it here! :]
2. What goals have you achieved since becoming an active member? So far I've lost 29 lbs, exercise regularly, eat much more healthily, and drink water almost solely.
3. What goals are you still working toward? I'm trying to get myself to a healthy weight of 150 lbs. I still have about 45-50 of my 73.5 lbs to go. Also working on feeling more healthy and eating even better.
4. Complete this sentence - "I wish the Northern Kentucky Team would ...........?" Get connected. There's not a ton going on in this 'team' and I'd love to see us get to know each other and maybe even do something in person down the line (like a healthy cookout and walk or something). :]
In an effort to jump start the NKY Team - it would help tremendously to know the following:
1. How did you get into SparkPeople? 2. What goals have you achieved since becoming an active member? 3. What goals are you still working toward? 4. Complete this sentence - "I wish the Northern Kentucky Team would ...........?"
To be fair, my answers are below. 1. I picked up this random orange book titled 'SparkPeople' at Meijer and couldn't put it down. 2. I'm new to sparkpeople, but so far I've achieved drinking water on a daily basis, stretching, walking and I've lost 3.5 lbs. 3. I'm working toward a 35lb overall weight loss and to live a healthier life - all the way around. 4. I wish the Northern Kentucky Team would post more and be more active. I'm hoping as the new leader I can bring some of that about.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.