Please do not reply to this informational message.
HOW THIS CHALLENGE WORKS
This official challenge was created by SparkPeople's coaches as a fun way for members to get motivation, tips and support to reach a new goals. This SparkTeam works much like all other SparkTeams, except that it has a few special features and a set program you can follow. Here's how it works.
1. Join the Team. Click the "Join This Team" button at the top of the team page to become a member. If you're not already a SparkPeople.com member, you'll have to create a free account to join this challenge. This will mark the start of your four-week challenge and trigger a set of four weekly emails to begin.
2. Read your challenge email each week. It contains action steps, helpful tips and articles, and all the info you need for the challenge.
3. Complete the action steps in each email. When you're done, mark the "Action Step" checkbox at the top of the Team page to show that you completed the action steps each week.
4. Interact with others. This Team is for you to share tips, ask questions and get support while following the challenge. Support is key to reaching your goals, so the more you share, the better!
5. Earn your trophy. By completing the action steps in your emails, checking them off at the top of the Team page, and remaining on the Team for at least four weeks, you will earn a special SparkTrophy for your SparkPage!
That's it! You can also use the Team message boards to correspond with others who are following the challenge. When you're finished with the challenge, you can stay in this Team to help others or try the challenge again if you'd like!
Below is a list of commonly asked questions about the Bootcamp.
I'm getting too many team email notifications. Where can I change my team email preferences?
Where do I find the videos and other info about what I'm supposed to be doing?
You'll receive one email each week with links to the workouts for this challenge. You can also find them anytime by going to our Team page and looking for the box called Challenge Details. Click on the link to view the details for your current week, including the videos (which are repeated each week for the whole Bootcamp).
How do I add the videos to my Fitness Tracker?
On each video page there is a button to "Track Calories Burned" that is listed just below the video -- click on that button. This will add the workout to your tracker and also estimate your calories burned.
I didn't receive my email telling me what to do. Where can I see that information?
Go to the main team page and scroll down to the Challenge Details box. The links listed next to each week show the same info that is included in the emails. Only one week is unveiled at a time; you must be a member of this Team for 4 weeks to see all 4 emails (action steps).
How can I restart Bootcamp?
To fully start over, you must first leave the team (by scrolling down the bottom of the main team page and click the "Leave This Team" button), then rejoin the team by clicking "Join This Team" at the top after the page refreshes.
I don't have resistance bands. What can I do?
Two of the videos require resistance bands to complete the workouts. These cost just a few dollars each and are available at most big box and sporting goods stores. If you do not have resistance bands, you will not be able to follow those particular workouts. If you choose, find another workout video on the site (preferably upper body) that uses equipment that you do have.
Is it okay to modify some of the exercises?
Yes! If you have an injury or any other reason for not being able to do certain exercises in the videos, please make modifications as needed. If a certain video needs to be modified for you too much, you can always select another video from the Fitness section of the Healthy Lifestyle tab. If it is a strength training video though, please make sure you are replacing it with the same muscle group (ex: upper body replaced with upper body).
I missed a week (or a few days) from the challenge due to illness/injury. Should I pick up where I missed or start all over?
You can pick up where you left off OR you may start over. Whichever you prefer is fine.
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.