I was about ready to get off the computer this morning when I saw the post about berry dangers, and it reminded me of what one of my sisters had told me about yesterday.
She had bought some Quinoa...cooked and ate it (I've yet to find out why, since she's not a vegan) and she became very ill--swollen face, broken out patches on her skin and was sick for a solid week! Turns out a few rare souls are allergic to it and she happened to be one of them. (I've eaten it and never had a problem.)
So I thought I should pass this information along, just in case anyone has not tried it yet. You might want to begin with a very small amount, just in case (if that helps...I don't know). But like I said, this is a very rare allergy. Not common. And it had nothing to do with the cleanliness of the product...she was just allergic.
I also thought it might be good to know for those who have children, since kids might have a more severe reaction if they were allergic. (Wow--so many things to make us paranoid, huh? LOL! But like others were saying in the other post: we can only do the best we can...no guarantees in life...but it's best to know of these things and take a few precautions, rather than not know.)
T E R R Y
***Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself!
***"I can do all things through Christ!" Phillipians 4:13
| current weight: 231.0