WOW 100 Questions, may take a while to answer. I think I will try a few of them. Well it toook me a very long time to do this, so I hope that someone reads it. But I learned a few things about my self.. Ravyna
1. How do you define honesty? telling the truth and being yourself.
2. What is your biggest fear or worry? Not sure
3. What is the main thing that makes you unique? my name - Ravyna my mother made it up
4. If you had to evacuate your house immediately, what is the one thing you would grab on the way out? My family photos
5. What facial expression or movement do you do when you are lying? Not sure, I am sure that I have lied, but I am not looking at myself when I do, so don't know what my face is doing.
6. What is the oldest item you own? The bowl and plate my father used when he was a little child and he was born in 1932.
7. If someone was to give you one gift, money is no object, what would you want to receive? a cruise trip for my entire family and loved ones to all be together at one time and one place - I have siblings in CT, WA, CA, WI, and VA. In-laws in CO and MO, and I live in TX.
8. What does it mean to have courage? to be able to share who you are inside, and not be afraid of what people think of you
9. Do you like your name? Yes, if I had been a boy I would have been called Raven Robin, but as a girl I was named Ravyna Rose
10. Do you have a nickname? What is it? NO
11. If you could have any special magic, what would it be? Be able to communicate love to others, and take away hurts and pain.
12. If you had three wishes, what would you wish? World Peace, Hope and Love
13. What is your greatest strength? Empathy
14. What is your worst weakness? Same because I overly try to take care of people
15. If you could predict the future, what would you do with that knowledge? Tell people how to take care of themselves, and keep them from running into trouble.
16. Is your favorite time the past, present or the future? Present
17. Where do you see yourself in 20 years? healthier, living with my children around me, and my grandchildren. I want to travel, and learn to do a lot of things.
18. Who is the one person that helped to make you who you are today? My husband. A friend who lead me to the Lord.
19. If you were punished for a crime, what type of punishment would you choose? I don't usually commit crimes. But I would want to get what I deserved.
20. Describe a time you got into trouble. Eating chocolate, and getting caught.
21. What do you do when you first wake up in the morning? , turn over and want to stay in bed, then I go to the bathroom and most recently I have started to Stretch
22. What makes you a good person? Knowing Jesus Christ as my Savior
23. What would your obituary say? Here lies Ravyna, loving wife, mother, grandmother. She has risen to be with Jesus
24. What is your greatest regret? not getting into better shape before I had my knees replaced. And therefore, being out of shape today
25. How would you describe standing on a beach looking at the ocean? that is one of my most awesome experiences, I love the ocean, the waves breaking on my legs, my arms raised feeling the water spray, the sun shining, the blue sky, the blue ocean, and white waves. It is awesome, and I love it because it reminds me of the eternity of God and of all that He created.
26. What is your favorite outfit to wear? right now a pair of black pants that are really comfy, with a button down shirt, short sleeves, that has purple and gold in it.
27. What do you do when you are driving alone in a car? Sometimes keep the radio off and just be silent, praying, others times turn on the radio and listen to Christian music or speakers.
Love and Friendship Questions
28. If a friend is being bullied or harassed by someone, what do you do? Stand up for them and embarrass the person who is being the bully in front of everyone (I agree with this answer)
29. Reflect on the characteristics of your best friend. What makes him or her so special? loves me, is accepting, is motivated in his own life, is a leader.
30. Has anyone close to you passed away? My mothers father when I was in second grade, my mother's mother the day before my 13th birthday, My father, when I was 14, then his father, 4 months later.My mother then died in 2007 when I was 52. My brother disappeared for 18 months back in the 90's and it was just as if he had died.
31. Describe a time you fell in love. My husband and I fell in love 31 years ago. I was in awe of him, He was so intelligent, and I was enamored. He was gentle with me, and cared for me. I love him more today than I did then.
32. Can you keep secrets? Describe a time you didn't. Yes, I normally can, but I once told a secret that my daughter told me, and it was really hard for her to trust me again. But she has forgiven me, and has given me trust again, and I will not do that again.
33. How do you show your love for others? lots of ways, caring, giving, asking what they need and trying to fulfill it.
34. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you? On my 50th birthday, I was gone away on a women's retreat, and my husband and I had lunch before I left, and he put several presents in the trunk for me, and had a dozen roses sent to the place of the retreat. All the other women were really jealous. He also then had a special dinner for me a week later with just two of our favorite couple friends, and all of my favorite foods.
35. If you could become anyone's friend that you want, who would you choose? I am happy with the friends that I have
36. Are you the type of person with lots of friends or just a few close ones? Just a few close ones, but a number of acquaintances.
37. What is one quality you admire most in others? I agree, being loyal
38. Do you prefer to be with those who are younger or older than you are? About the same age usually, unless they are my children, who are grown, and I really enjoy being with them, and with my grandchild Stryker who is only 17 months old.
39. If you could ask me one question, and I had to answer you truthfully, what would you want to know? Are you lying to me??? By your answer, I would then be able to ask you any other question.
40. What is the meanest thing you have ever done to someone? Told my sister that she was adopted so she would feel bad about herself.
41. Who is one friend from your past you want to reconnect with? My best friend from high school, Cindy
42. When did you kiss for the first time and what was it like? I was 16 and I also thought that I was in love.
43. Describe an activity that you think is truly romantic. Sitting on the beach in the moon light.
44. If you were to write a love note to your sweetheart, what would it say? I love you, I can't live without you, and I am thankful that you are in my life.
45. When you are in trouble, whom do you call for help? My husband
46. Who are the people you love the most? my husband, children, their significant others, my grandchild, my mother-in-law, and all of my husbands family and their families
47. If you could speak any language, what would it be and why? French, then I would also be able to understand other languages, and I would be able to go to France with my husband.
48. If you had to pick one place in your town to bring a tourist, where would you go? I guess the Rangers station, the Cowboys stadium, Six Flags????
49. What is the one cause that you feel most passionate about? Helping mothers choose to keep their babies, and not have abortions
50. If you lived in the pioneer days, would you have traveled west or stayed put in the east? I have been reading some books about traveling west, and I am not sure that I would have been able to handle it. I think I would have stayed in the East.
51. Which is your favorite non-profit organization? What do you do to help them? My church, all kinds of things, teach Bible study, work in the nursery, host dinners. Involved with the Missions program. I want someday to be able to participate in a 5K and I would give the money I raised either to the Susan G. Koman Breast organization, or the Arlington Pregnancy Center
52. If you could travel to space, would you go? I think that it would take too long
53. If you could move anywhere, where would you go and why?Washington State or Oregon, I like the cool weather, and I like the fresh foods, and my sister lives there.
54. Would you want to travel the world on a boat in the sea? Yes.
55. When you travel away from home, do you miss it? Yes, I was just gone to WA to visit my sister for two weeks, but I missed my family here, and my church family.
56. What is the greatest crisis we face as a world? War and hatred
57. Describe your favorite vacation. Someday I would like to go to Israel
58. If you could write your own bill of rights, what would you include?
59. What is going on today in the world that affects you the most? the war, and taxes
60. What bad habit would you be willing to give up if it guaranteed you would live to be 100?
being lazy and not wanting to exercise
61. What is your favorite thing to eat?Lobster, but it has to be right off the docks in Maine
62. What is one food that you will not eat? I eat almost anything.
63. What is your favorite way to exercise? I hate to exercise, have had my knees replaced and they ache. but I do like to swim
64. If you had to choose to be blind or deaf, which one would you pick? Deaf then I could still see to get around and still be able to communicate with others.
65. Have you ever been to a hospital? Why? yes, lots, latest to visit others but my knee operations.
66. If you could have someone else's face, whom would you choose? I would not want to have anyone else face.
67. Describe a vivid dream you have had. I used to dream that I could fly
68. What physical feature do you least like about yourself? My stretch marks and my hip and large thighs
69. Would you want to know the exact day of your death? no
Work and Career Questions
70. If you had to pick one hero, who would it be? I enjoyed the Captain America movie
71. If you could pick one thing to change about your school or job, what would it be? I am not working out of the home now
72. What are most proud of? My husband, my children, my grandson
73. Are you the kind of person who wants to be the big fish in a little pond or the little fish in the big pond? somewhere in the middle
74. Describe a time when you wanted to quit, but didn't.
75. Mention one goal. When you hope to accomplish it? walk a 5K sometime next year
76. Is competition good for you? Yes
77. If you could study anything you wanted in school, what would you want to learn more about? times in the Bible, and geography
78. What is something you learned in school that you think is useless to you today? some of the math that I studied
79. When someone fails at something, what should he or she do? try again
80. If you could pick any career, what would you want to be? a Christian therapist
81. Do you want to be famous? NO
82. If you could become a character in a TV show or movie, who would you chose to be? Someone on LOST, and I would have had a different ending.
Or a detective who solves crimes.
83. What is your favorite outside activity? Swimming, walking when the weather is level
84. What is your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it? Don't have a favorite
85. What is your favorite sport? Do you play or just watch? basketball
86. Have you been on a roller coaster? What did it feel like? Yes, but I didn't enjoy it
87. If you had to spend a day not using any technology, what would you do? go for a walk
88. Describe the perfect party. Everyone having fun, playing board games, talking, sharing snacks
89. What is your favorite type of art? photos, and nature scenery
90. What sport do you think you are the best at? none
91. Do you play an instrument? no
92. Which is your favorite song? Amazing Grace
93. If you could be a cartoon character, who would you want to be? Elmer Fudd
94. Do you know any jokes? NO, I am not good at telling jokes
95. What is the one thing that makes you laugh the hardest? My grandson's smiles
96. What makes your family unique from others? The love we share with one another
97. When you think back to your childhood, what was the hardest part about being a kid? The death of my father
98. What are some of your family's traditions? Don't have any
99. Do you know how you got your name? My mom made it up, because she had already picked a name for a boy, and when I turned out to be a girl, she just lay in bed and made up my name.
100. Are you like your parents or different? How? I don't know how I might have been like my father, because did not know him very well before he died. I was like my mother in that we like some of the same foods, she was bossy and so am I , she liked to be right, and so do I, she liked the cool weather, and so do I.
Central time zone - North Texas
Co-Leader of Christian Women With Depression
| current weight: 214.5