1] "I like an honest fight and a saucy little maid..."
"What he's basically saying is he likes to get..."
"Paid!" - Shrek
2] "If I'm going to be a partner in a law firm by the time I'm 30, I need a boyfriend who's not such a complete b*nehead. " - Legally Blond
3] "Gentlemen, congratulations. You're everything we've come to expect from years of government training." - Men In Black
4] "What's its motivation?."
"It's a rock monster! It doesn't have a motivation!!" - Galaxy Quest
5] "I feel totally abandon in a place that values physical prowess over mental acuity. I can't wait until all of that changes in the real world." - Sugar and Spice
6] "Congratulations, liars! You know who you are and you know who you want. Aint nothin' gonna change that!" - But I'm A Cheerleader (the best romantic comedy IMO)
7] "Oh my god, the Jew girl's speaking in tongues!" - Saved
8] "Daddy, did God made for you to be like this or was it an accident?"
"Ok, what do you mean?"
"I mean you're different."
"But what do you mean?"
"You're not like other daddies."
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm sorry."
"It's ok, daddy. It's ok. Don't be sorry. I'm lucky. Nobody else's daddy ever comes to the park."
"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah, we are lucky. Aren't we lucky? Yeah!" - I Am Sam
9] "All right, man against woman. Is that really fair?"
"Fair for whom?" - Enough
10] Hi, I'm Poot and this is my hetero life mate, Frank. - Stick it
11. "I fight gangs for local charities and stuff."
12. "Settle down, are you kidding? I'm at the top of my game! I'm right up there with the big dogs! Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so." - The Incredibles
13. "Start at the end. You can't tell a story if you don't know where it's going." - The Lookout
14. Jacob: You know the downward spiral is essentially a chain reaction.
Allel: And nothing that comes out of your mouth makes any sense.
Jacob: They're all reactions! One thing begets the next. A man has a weakness, he's flawed. That flaw leads him to guilt. The guilt leads him to shame. The shame he compensates with pride and vanity. And when pride fails, despair takes over and they all lead to his destruction. It will become his fate... Something's gotta stop the flow. - Ink
15. Kay: All right, kid, here's the deal. At any given time there are approximately 1500 aliens on the planet, most of them right here in Manhattan. And most of them are decent enough, they're just trying to make a living.
Jay: Cab drivers?
Kay: Not as many as you'd think. - Men In Black
16. Kay: That is a lot of fun. It's a universal translator. We're not even supposed to have it, and I'll tell you why... Human thought is so primitive it's looked upon as an infectious disease in some of the better galaxies. That kind of makes you proud, doesn't it? huh? - Men In Black
17. Zed: May I ask why you felt little Tiffany deserved to die?
James Edwards: Well, she was the only one that actually seemed dangerous at the time, sir.
Zed: How'd you come to that conclusion?
James Edwards: Well, first I was gonna pop this guy hanging from the street light, and I realized, y'know, he's just working out. I mean, how would I feel if somebody come runnin' in the gym and bust me in my ass while I'm on the treadmill? Then I saw this snarling beast guy, and I noticed he had a tissue in his hand, and I'm realizing, y'know, he's not snarling, he's sneezing. Y'know, ain't no real threat there. Then I saw little Tiffany. I'm thinking, y'know, eight-year-old white girl, middle of the ghetto, bunch of monsters, this time of night with quantum physics books? She about to start some s**t, Zed. She's about eight years old, those books are WAY too advanced for her. If you ask me, I'd say she's up to something. And to be honest, I'd appreciate it if you eased up off my back about it. - Men In Black
18. Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. - The Princess Bride
19. Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?
- The Princess Bride
20. Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. - The Princess Bride
21. I just don't think that Brooke could've done this. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't. - Legally Blonde
22. Hi. I'm Elle Woods and this is Bruiser Woods. We're both Gemini vegetarians. - Legally Blonde (yay for Gemini vegetarians!!)
23. If you're going to let one stupid pr**k ruin your life... you're not the girl I thought you were. - Legally Blonde
24. Humans of Earth, I come in peace. You need not fear me, I mean you no harm. However, it is important to note that most of you will not survive the next 24 hours. The few of you that do survive will be enslaved and experimented upon. You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out. - Monsters vs Aliens
25. Once again, a UFO has landed in America, the only country UFOs ever seem to land in. - Monsters vs Aliens
26. Dr. Cockroach Ph.D.: My, what a shindig. Your parents really know how to throw it down.
The Missing Link: Huh? Oh, yeah. That was the best party I've even been to since I left prison.
B.O.B.: I don't know what party you guys went to, because that's not how I interpreted it at all. I don't think your parents like me, and I think that Jello gave me a fake phone number. - Monsters vs Aliens
27. B.O.B.: I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea. - Monsters vs Aliens
28. Susan Murphy: Three weeks ago, if you were to ask me to fight a giant robot, I would have said "no can do". But I did it! Me! I'm still buzzing! Did you see how strong I was? There probably isn't a jar in this world I can't open! - Monsters vs Aliens
29. Derek Dietl: Susan!
Susan Murphy: Derek?
Derek Dietl: I've been thinking long and hard about what happened last night, and I just want to to know, I forgive you.
Susan Murphy: You forgive me?
Derek Dietl: Of course. It wasn't your fault you got hit by a meteorite and ruined everything. And I say maybe you didn't ruin everything, because I just got a call from New York. They offered me network. All I have to do is give them an exclusive interview with you.
Susan Murphy: Really?
Derek Dietl: Yes. I get my dream job, and you get your dream guy. It's a win-win for Team Dietl.
Susan Murphy: Derek, that's... amazing. Is the camera running?
Derek Dietl: Of course.
Susan Murphy: [Picks up Derek] Good, because I wouldn't want any of your fans to miss this. This is Susan Murphy saying goodbye, Derek!
[Flicks him up in the air] B.O.B., could you...?
B.O.B.: [after catching Derek] Derek, you're a selfish jerk, and guess what? I've met someone else. She's lime green, she has 14 little chunks of pineapple inside of her, and she is everything I deserve in life! I'm happy now, Derek, without you. It's over! - Monsters vs Aliens (the fabulosity of quotes from this movie is endless)
30. Cuthbert: Don't rush me, Katie. I'm just, not ready.
Katie: Oh relax Cuthbert, it's just like dancing. I'll lead. - Monsters vs Aliens (FYI John Krasinski (aka Jim Halpert) voiced Cuthbert)
31. Gallaxhar: Now I can finally rebuild my civilization. Any thought on where I can set up shop? Your planet, perhaps?
Susan Murphy: You keep your slimy tentacles off my planet...
Gallaxhar: [Grabs Susan with one of his tentacles] Or what? If you wanted to stop me, you should have done it when you possessed the quantonium. Now you're nothing.
Susan Murphy: There are innocent people down there who didn't do anything!
Gallaxhar: [Throws Susan down to the ground] Bah! There were innocent people in my home planet when it was destroyed.
Susan Murphy: Look, I'm sorry your planet was destroyed.
Gallaxhar: Oh, don't be. I was the one who destroyed it. Confused? After I reveal my tale to you, everything will become crystal clear. Computer, begin cloning machine!
Computer: Yes, Gallaxhar.
[Gallaxhar gets on machine]
Computer: Many zentons ago, when I was just a squidling, I found out my parents had...
[Machine closes; after a moment, it opens again]
Gallaxhar: No child should have to endure that! So I went on the road, with a giant...
[Machine closes and opens again]
Gallaxhar: And soon thereafter was married! Things were going well, until...
[Machine closes and opens again]
Gallaxhar: ...And I was all "no way!", and she was all "yes way!", and I was like...
[Machine closes and opens again]
Gallaxhar: But I've told you too much already! Let the conquest of my new planet, now know as... Gallaxhar's Planet, begin! - Monsters vs Aliens
"Three weeks ago, if you were to ask me to fight a giant robot, I would have said "no can do". But I did it! Me! I'm still buzzing! Did you see how strong I was? There probably isn't a jar in this world I can't open!" - Ginormica, in Monsters vs Aliens
"Happiness does not come gift-wrapped with your goal weight." - MIGHTYFINEWINE, in her 50 things I've learned blog
| current weight: 150.0