I don't know where I got the following but I copied it and saved it and find it very useful for stress and an energy pick-me-up.
The end of another long day. "Pooped" may be the word you're looking for. Being busy and stressed out all day can sap extra energy pretty quickly. Yet as you look around the house, it's easily apparent that you have more to do before you can snuggle under the sheets. Try this pick-up tonight--it may surprise you.
Your body needs oxygen to perform. Bad breathing, which cuts off a large amount of oxygen, can be an energy killer. Here's a quick breathing exercise to replenish your oxygen and energy stores:
1. Lie down flat on your back, or sit against a wall. Use a pillow for comfort.
2. Close your eyes. Just pay attention to your breathing for a minute or two. Don't try to change it, just notice how it feels.
3. Practice breathing through your nose. Take long breaths, not deep breaths. Try not to force it.
4. Each breath should expand your belly, your lower back and ribs. Relax your shoulders and try not to breathe with your chest.
5. Make your exhale as long as your inhale to make sure all the bad air is gone.
6. Most people take 12-16 breaths per minute. Ideally, it should be 8-10.
Time Involved: 10-12 minutes
Body Benefit: A more relaxed state of mind; a body with calm energy
Giving up is NOT an option!!!!
Never let anyone or anything steal your JOY!!
| current weight: 155.4