Challenge starts Monday. I will post a beginning, intermediate and advanced challenge this weekend.
Some points of interest in weight training:
1) Make sure to eat clean
2) If you do cardio only and do not weight train you will lose fat and muscle. If you do weight training without cardio you will not see the definition.
3) Make sure to eat according to the recommendations posted for your plan. If you don't eat enough carbs you will also lose your muscle. Muscle needs protein and carbs and fat to develop. If you aren't getting enough protein eat a protein shake. Be careful with this excess protein is hard to digest and may give you excess gas...
4) Don't overkill and overtrain your muscles this will hurt you in the long run and will also frustrate you in development. Keep it short and pithy. I usually train for 30-45 minutes a day and do 19 minutes of cardio. Keep it intense and use good form. The form is more important then the weight. Your last rep should be to positive failure.
5) Don't forget to drink lots of water.
6) Don't expect extreme gains and loses over the first week it takes time to develop. I have some friends who have been consistently working out for 5 years and they are rocks!
and most important of all. Forget the pep talk from Peyton Manning about not getting rock hard abs and just getting bigger shirts. You can do it! Be consistent and intense in your cardio and muscle training.
I lost 4 inches around my waste since starting and gained about 5 pounds of muscle in 3 months.
If anyone else has some pointers plop them in.
As always bring it!
Good information on zig zag calorie counters don't use the extreme fat loss you will lose muscle.
Edited by: JCALVIN at: 12/11/2007 (08:22)