I think for a lot of clean eaters, clean LIVING goes hand in hand. Eating clean food is not only more beneficial for our health but it is also much better for our environment. For example, corn fed cows versus cows that eat natural grown pasture; grass fed is healthier for us as well as the environment AND the cows!!!
Anyow, I just wanted to say that I am certainly no MODEL when it comes to perfect CLEAN eating or CLEAN living, but I always try to do something that is not just healthy but also has the least negative impact on the environment.
1) I try to eat locally grown, organic meat, dairy and produce. And I ALWAYS but organic, free range eggs. Organic because the pesticides are VERY unhealthy and for the earth. Local because it not only strengthens the local economy but also because of transport/fuel consumption and the negative impact that has on the environment.
2) I compost everything that I can.
3) I use re-usable canvas shopping bags when I go grocery shopping
4) I use a SMALL garbage can to reduce garbage contribution in land fill (Our city's garbage program gives a choice of sm. med. or lrg garbage cans)
5) I recycle everything that the recycling depot will let me bring in. Glass, plastic, newspaper, cardboard...
6) weather permitting, I like to walk or ride my bicycle. Longer trips I ride my motorcycle, and anything else I must drive my Durango.
I am sure that there is more that I could do. Is there anything that you do that helps reduce the negative impact we have on our environment? Post what you do to help. What are your ideas?
| current weight: 175.0