I also have never lead a team, and am relatively new to sparkpeople, but what I envision would make a team visit fun is:
1. Have team goals that we can track for sparkpoints. Example: huddle daily. (Most of us love to rack up the sparkpoints).
2. Get involved in a competitive inter-team challenge. It keeps us motivated and accountable to compete with another team.
3. Assign us something to do that we can report back on.
4. Assign a weekly topic to blog about. (Example: write a letter to your future self).
5. Post a motivational quote that we have to blog about.
6. Post weight loss and healthy life-style related polls with their results.
7. Post healthy life-style quizzes with the results.
8. Have a thread where we talk about the article we read. You could choose a daily article for the team or we could use the ones that come in our e-mail or daily spark blog.
I am not sure what is feasible on the site or how one would post some of the things. Others could be a link posted (link to a blog, quiz, article).
My favorite feature would be if we could somehow have our own points wheel and bonus wheel spins, but I am not sure who to contact to do that.
It's the journey. We can do this.
| April Minutes: 0