I would like to start a recipe exchange and idea thread... I think that we could help each other reach our goals and make it easier for us if we are armed with enough "meal ideas/recipes"...
Creating delicious meals while limiting or manipulating carbs can be a challenge and everyone's input would be welcomed... here is my first recipe:
Individual "quiche" cups to go - "great for breakfast, snacks, anytime... eat freely, protein based meal...
- INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
* 1 cup liquid egg substitute (adjust as needed for more or less protein)
* 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese (adjust as needed)
* 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
* 1/4 cup diced onion
* you can also add finely diced ham, or real bacon bits, turkey sausage crumbled, mushrooms... customize this recipe to suit your taste...
1. Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.
2. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.
3. Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups.
Bake at 350 degrees \for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
* Quiche cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave. Any combination of appropriate vegetables and reduced-fat cheeses may be used.
* This recipe is optimal for Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet. (very low carb - fat burning phase of the diet)
I hope that this information helps, if you have additional questions let me know and I will try to help you as much as I can...
| Pounds lost: 0.0