This is just information on how the BSG challenges work. A separate sign-up thread for the next challenge has been posted under Announcements.
• Each BSG team will have two threads (one for challenges and one for daily chatting). As a member, you will want to check in with your group daily for support & motivation, to share goals, triumphs & struggles, and anything else you want.
• Each BSG team will have a TEAM CAPTAIN and an ALTERNATE TEAM CAPTAIN (in the event that the Team Captain is not available for a particular time period). This is purely voluntary; however, if no one volunteers then someone will be assigned. (see BUDDY SUPPORT GROUP (BSG) TEAM CAPTAIN INFORMATION)
• Throughout the month, we will have weekly BSG team challenges. Each team will compete against the other for points that you receive for each task you complete, and the team with the highest points will be the winner for that week.
• The challenges will consist of activities that we all can participate in (water, fitness, nutrition, fun and learning activities). Do WHAT you can WHEN you can, and don't push yourself if you're not comfortable or up to doing something one day or the other. Most importantly, have fun and support your .
• At the end of each weekly challenge, you’ll send a SPARK-MAIL to your TEAM CAPTAIN with your total weekly points by the deadline (11AM to 2PM the day after the end of that week’s challenge).
• ***It will be YOUR responsibility to notify your Team Captain of your points. Neither Team Captains nor myself will total your points, nor double check your totals, so make sure you add up your totals correctly.***
• The TEAM CAPTAIN will then send me a SPARK-MAIL with their teams’ weekly totals, along with the number of participants (along with the participants’ names OR names of those who did not submit their totals). Since member numbers vary, I take the team total and divide by the number of participants.
• Please be considerate of your TEAM CAPTAIN by ADDING and POSTING your WEEKLY TOTALS in a timely manner. You’ll be provided a deadline to submit your totals. Remember, this individual VOLUNTEERED for this position and should not have to go to each individual’s challenge thread to total their points for them.
• Each week, I’ll post the link to the next week’s challenge in your team’s “CHAT ROOM” thread. I’ll also announce the winning BSG team for each week in the same thread.
• At the end of the month, I’ll announce the winning BSG for the month in each team’s “CHAT ROOM” thread for that month.
• Before you sign up, if you would like to get an idea of how the Buddy Support Group challenge works, feel free to visit the CHALLENGE and/or CHAT ROOM threads for the current month
I’ve participated in several BSGs, and the friendships you can make on these groups can be lasting and supportive. With the challenges added in, they are also great motivational tools.
Cathy (Central Time Zone) A&I Buddy Support Group February Aerobic Pals
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.