I get asked a lot about tips for starting Sensa... so I thought I would try to put them together. The ones below aren't all my tips, but they are they are a good starting place. I hope they help you. I have lost nearly 85 lbs since last Feb (2009) and I plan to lose 20 more soon!
1. Cut back on sodas slowly but faithfully. Not cold turkey, just make the effort to have fewer and try to get to 1 or none in a few weeks. Also keep alcohol, fancy coffees and energy drinks in their place . It is ok to have them from time to time, but realize they are high calorie and have no nutrients to speak of, so they are the truly empty calories. If you going to have them, remember to drink extra water before and after.
2. Drink all the water you can and try to keep track of it as best you can to see if you can get 64+ oz a day. I generally shoot for 80 or oz.
3. Read labels. Not for general nutrition info at first, just serving sizes. Even junk food has serving size... and if you are going to eat it, then try to eat only a serving size and put Sensa on it and then see if you really need more or if just having some of it is enough.
4. Eat the healthiest foods you LIKE! Not ones you don't like. And try to convert some favorite recipes to healthier ones. I didn't make too much effort in this area at first, but I do now. Also try to keep the sodium down, salty foods will cause you to retain water the next day or two even.
5. Pick and choose your splurges carefully and always keep the ending goal in sight. Just a few splurging meals back to back can set you back a week, and are they really worth that... it is just food.
6. Take body measurements and pictures along with your start weight and recheck them regularly, especially if the scale doesn't seem to be moving all the time and it won't, but that doesn't mean progress isn't being made.
7. If you WANT to start exercising, start slow and easy. Don't hurt yourself or your self esteem by trying something outside your skill set. Walking and getting in more steps per day is the easiest way to start for most people.
8. Use smaller plates at home and cut resturant meals in half when dining out (put in a ToGo box before eating). You don't have to order the healthiest thing on the menu. Pick your favorite item and try to pick a healthier side maybe or cut back drastically on the appetizers and desserts. You want to enjoy some of your favorite foods if dining out, just make smaller splurges.
9. Try to eat your evening meal as early in the evening as possible. It helps with your sleep and weight loss. If you have to eat late, make the effort to eat light at that meal.
10. Last but certainly not least use your Sensa on everything!!!! Even small portions or fixed amounts of food should still be sprinkled, to help you feel satisfied until the next meal!
I hope you find these tips helpful. Feel free to add to them with your comments.
"Being overweight is hard, losing weight is hard, maintaining a healthy weight is hard. Choose your hard."
"I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down..." -Abraham Lincoln
If you would like more info about Sensa... www.trysensa.com/invitation/wlb10109