Here's my Top Ten list, in no particular order.
1. Almond Butter. I just tried it today (MaraNatha makes a Natural, No Salt Added, Raw Almond Butter) with celery sticks. I bet it's even better with apples and bananas!
2. Pomegranate Arils. Excellent for a sweet tooth!
3. Juicer for freshly squeezed OJ. Great for dressings!
4. Flaxseed Oil. Also great for dressings!
5. Romaine/Red Leaf Lettuce. I like salads better than cooked vegetables.
6. Trader Joe's Handful of Raw Walnuts packs. Already individually packaged (1 oz each) and not overpriced!
7. Whole Fruit (particularly Nectarines...yummy!). Great to eat on the run!
8. Giant pack of boneless skinless chicken breasts, packaged in twos. Great to throw in the freezer and grab one out at a time to thaw, cook and throw in salads.
9. Egg Whites. (The book limits to 6 eggs/week, but I add unlimited egg whites.)
10. Crockpot. My sirloin beef roast came out really well after slow-cooking it overnight. Also great for soups.
| Pounds lost: 1.0