|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
A few come to mind:
- What kind of WL surgery does the Dr do? Does he specialize in one particular procedure? How many surgeries has the Dr performed?
- Which kind do you want? Does that match up with the Dr's specialization?
- Have you attended any seminars prior to this first consultation? Maybe it is me, but 3-4 hours for an initial consultation seems like a long time, but maybe your Dr covers the things that I learned about in a group seminar.
- Each insurance co handles the approval process differently, so make sure to find out how long you'll need to wait.
- Also, find out what medical clearances (aka "The Golden Tickets") you will need to get, and if the Dr office makes those appointments for you?
- Where will the WL surgery be performed (surgical center or hospital)? Outpatient or overnight stay?
- What are your weigh loss goals?
If you can get it before your consultation, pick up copy of "Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies" book. It likely will generate more questions and may also answer a few.
Team Leader, 50+ Males and Homebrewing
SW = 287 (01/08/07)
1st Goal Weight = 210
2nd Goal Weight = 199
3rd Goal Weight = 187 [100 pounds lost since starting on SP]
Final Goal Weight = 179
I am new to this team. Excited to learn about it all!
I have my initial consultation on Friday with a WLS Dr. I am excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time! Even more nervous bc my husband is going with me and he doesn't know how much I weigh.. Not sure if I can hide that from him, since that is what we are going to be talking about for 3-4 hours!
I am trying to gather questions to ask him, so if anyone has had the surgery and can provide me some input, I would GREATLY appreciate it! Or, if anyone has had the initial consultation and had a great list of Qs to ask, I am open!
Looking forward to what he has to say. I'll keep you posted!
"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can."
~~~~Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be a little bit better today than you were yesterday~~~~
~~I may not be running the fastest, or running the furthest, but I am running~~Kristin