You can also call your credit card companies & try to get a better interest rate.
We actually saved money by upgrading my car. At the time we had gotten the last loan, I was going through breast cancer treatment & wasn't working, so we got stuck with a high interest rate. By buying a newer vehicle, we got a lower interest rate, & the payment is $85 less a month.
Donna (Upstate NY)
"Even monkeys fall out of trees."
"Suffering is the tuition one pays for a character degree."
"Accept your diagnosis, but never your prognosis."
I'm determined to be successful at this, but at the same time I will not get depressed if I slip up I will just keep on going and do it a bit at a time. Never give up remember it is never to late to start again!!! Stay motivated and please help motivate me!!!!
When I get stuck, I need motivation. I haven't been able to make an extra payment on my debt in a couple of months and it's getting under my skin. So, perhaps it is time to get some Found Money again!
How do you get your Found Money?
1. I called my home and insurance company and had them review my policies. I contacted my employer's benefit office to see if we had any special deals through any particular insurer. Then I called a few insurers. I ended up changing policies and saving $400 a year!!!
2. Call the phone companies - cell and land lines - to see if you can negotiate a better plan. Find out what other companies offer plans in your area. Can you consolidate cell/land/internet/tv to get a better deal? (If I didn't need dsl for work, I'd probably drop the land line.)
3. Repeat #2 with the electric company. Do you have any other options for electricity?
4. Are you paying PMI on your insurance? Do you need to be? Look into how much your mortage company would charge for the process, and see if it would be worth it. (In my case, it is better to refinance with another mortgage company.)
5. Check all your coat pockets and seat cushions and underneath the seats in your car. Hey, we're talking "Found Money" here!
6. I consolidated my school loans and was put on a graduated plan - I pay less now, then I'll pay more later. This enables me to pay more on my other debts for a while (Ramesy's Snowball)
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.