I found this yummy recipe on the Better Homes and Gardens website and it looks delicious!
* 1 8.8-ounce package cooked brown or white rice
* 1/2 cup frozen peas
* 1 pound chicken breast tenders, halved crosswise
* 1 tablespoon cooking oil
* 1/4 cup bottled stir-fry sauce
* Packaged oven-roasted sliced almonds
1. Stir peas into rice pouch. Heat in microwave according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and stir chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir rice mixture into skillet. Stir in stir-fry sauce; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with almonds. Makes 4 servings.
* Calories 311,
* Total Fat (g) 9,
* Saturated Fat (g) 1,
* Monounsaturated Fat (g) 2,
* Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 3,
* Cholesterol (mg) 66,
* Sodium (mg) 453,
* Carbohydrate (g) 25,
* Total Sugar (g) 1,
* Fiber (g) 2,
* Protein (g) 31,
* Vitamin C (DV%) 5,
* Calcium (DV%) 3,
* Iron (DV%) 8,
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Here is the link to the page which includes a delicious looking picture. www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/fast-chicken-an
I'm going to try this recipe on Wednesday and let you ladies know how it goes!
Edited by: KATELYN2169 at: 11/17/2009 (00:11)
| current weight: 154.0