Taking my vitamin- which I have come to realize through SP that is the only way I can reach my menapausal calcium needs. For years I kidded myself that i was getting enough though milk, so I do two cups of milk a day and vitamins... and now my bones really are protected...just have to be consistent about the vitamins.
*About 99 percent of the calcium in the human body is held in the bones and teeth. The remaining 1 percent of calcium circulates in the bloodstream, where it performs a variety of important functions.
*Calcium helps to contract muscles and helps regulate the contractions of the heart.
*Calcium plays a role in the transmission of nerve impulses and in blood clotting.
*Calcium is involved in the stimulation of contractions of the uterus during childbirth and in milk production.
*Calcium regulates the secretion of various hormones and aids in the functioning of various enzymes within the body.
*The result of a mild insufficiency of calcium over the long term may be thinning bones, termed osteoporosis or the softening of bony tissue, called osteomalacia. The faulty metabolism of calcium during childhood may result in a condition called rickets.
*Recent research even points to calcium deficiency as being a possible cause of hypertension (high blood pressure) and of colon cancer.
*Calcium helps keep the weight off. Research suggests that if you don't get enough calcium in your diet, you're likely to be overweight. Of course, it's possible to be overweight even if you do get plenty of calcium, but an adequate supply of Calcium appears to make it easier to maintain a healthy weight.
Get in your Calcium today! Your bones will thank you for it!
Have a STRONG AND STURDY Thursday!
Angela Coquitlam, BC, Canada Pacific Time Zone
HOGWARTS 2016-17 TRI-TERM 13.14.15 Outrider Scout Cadet (OSC) Xena Beauxbatons & Durmstrang ~ BA * DI TEAM HOGWARTS SC: Lady Angela Tri-Term 91011
SparkPeople, SparkCoach, SparkPages, SparkPoints, SparkDiet, SparkAmerica, SparkRecipes, DailySpark, and other marks are trademarks of SparkPeople, Inc. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this website can be used without the permission of SparkPeople or its authorized affiliates.
SPARKPEOPLE is a registered trademark of SparkPeople, Inc. in the United States, European Union, Canada, and Australia. All rights reserved.