|Author:||Sorting Last Post on Top ↓ Message:||
Hey Bicycle Tourists,
I guess we all joined this team because we just LOVE TO BIKE TOUR...or at least we love to ride our bikes. So, no excuses. Let's RIDE!
We haven't done a virtual tour together for a year now. I must apologize for not getting them going again last winter. Things have been busy. I hope everyone is still working hard on their healthy lifestyles. I have an idea I hope will offer you all the solution to having a negligent team leader--that is, Solo bike tours instead of group tours, until we get another group tour going. Lots of folks tour solo. I did (a real) one this past February and it was great.
If you like to ride your bike and want a place to log your miles then please visit the new discussion thread--it will be the First Sticky topic on the team page. I've titled it "SOLO VIRTUAL BIKE TOURS 2011".
Here is how we will work it:
1. Pick the perfect bike tour you would like to ride. (Don't forget mountain bike tours, too.)
2. Jump on the discussion thread on the Team page and tell us where you are going, how many miles it is, and any particulars as to why this ride or just tell us about yourself.
3. Google map it. Check out the total miles and the terrain. Pack your trailer or panniers.
4. Get on your bike or trainer and ride.
5. Each day you ride, visit our Spark Team and log your miles, then tell us how far you have left to go. If you wish, we would love a story behind where you are on your tour so embellish each log in with what you are seeing, sites you are visiting, struggles you are having with hills or weather, etc. Creative stories are great.
6. Then reward yourself and we'll celebrate with you when you finish your tour.
I hope many of you will begin a journey to compliment the other healthy lifestyle changes you are making.
Best of luck to you all. I look forward to ready about your journey's.
“When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.”